LIV Golf

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I think it’s pretty obvious what’s happening. See my above post.

LIV continues (but rebranded and maybe some changes to format) with pga tour and dp world tour players available to compete.

PIF fund it, pga tour and dp world tour benefit from a share of the commercial revenue (and take control).

Unless it isn’t obvious and im completely wrong!

Yeah I agree, just hadn't had chance to reply. I've stated all along that players should be able to move between LIV - PGAT - and DPWT, and I'd be amazed if that isn't what we are about to see..

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Seems the scramble for all 'sides' to claim victory is well underway -including on here!

There's maybe a danger whatever they come up with pleases no-one, so will be interesting to see.

Can't recall that business term, something like 'no such thing as a merger, is just a PR phrase for an acquisition ' 😯

D

Deleted member 15344

Seems the scramble for all 'sides' to claim victory is well underway -including on here!

There's maybe a danger whatever they come up with pleases no-one, so will be interesting to see.

Can't recall that business term, something like 'no such thing as a merger, is just a PR phrase for an acquisition ' 😯

Pretty much - It’s Monahan there and not Greg Norman with him , it’s all about the PGAT and PIF and the investment from PIF into the PGAT and creating prob richer events. And whilst it’s a minority investment from PIF at the moment it won’t be long before that increases - the one dynamic that will become stretched imo is the ET because that’s financed by another Middle East entity so what happens there

When it comes to winning - I think the main winners will be as always the people who are getting richer from it - whether the game of golf wins , guess thats what we will find out.

Thankfully the majors will always stand above

Springveldt

Visit site
Reading between the lines for me the Saudi’s have just bought the PGA Tour. The new, not yet named entity with the Saudi dude running it basically owns the PGAT and the DPWT.

I can see them continuing the LIV series as the team events and players can play on both tours if they chose to.

Should be interesting going forward.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pretty much - It’s Monahan there and not Greg Norman with him , it’s all about the PGAT and PIF and the investment from PIF into the PGAT and creating prob richer events. And whilst it’s a minority investment from PIF at the moment it won’t be long before that increases - the one dynamic that will become stretched imo is the ET because that’s financed by another Middle East entity so what happens there

When it comes to winning - I think the main winners will be as always the people who are getting richer from it - whether the game of golf wins , guess thats what we will find out.

Thankfully the majors will always stand above
Is there pif investment in the pga tour?

This is an entirely new entity isn’t it?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Am looking forwards to Pepperell's often unique take on things. Some already commenting captured here...

Probably the trivial thing to wonder is did someone in the PIF gang say, why are we giving all these $ to players - just give it to the administrators instead 😉😆

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I don't know why people are so convinced that the majors are secure.
The FA Cup used to be one of football's yearly highlights, but since the Premier League raised its ugly, money-laden head it's faded into near obscurity.

The same could easily happen to the majors unless they get pumped with gazillions of pounds/dollars.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
So reading it seems

2023 carries on as it is

Once 2023 season is finished the players apply to rejoin the PGAT or DP Tour

No mention of Greg Norman - has he gone ?

No mention of LIV events after ?

So have PIF said - LIV isn’t working , let’s use those billions and buy a stake in the PGAT instead.

Best I've seen yet (as a fan of the US Office): https://brobible.com/sports/article/liv-golf-office-memes/

LIV Golf Really Pulled Off The ‘Michael Scott Paper Co.’ Business Model In Real Life​

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site

This ☝️ is interesting as it's representative of player sentiment..... Brooks, PM, even GMac partaking in banter and pretty happy with the news; Homa seems fairly relaxed but general feeling all PGAT players caught of guard and very angry (confirmed by Smylie Kauffman). Questions being asked by players about Monahan (6 months?), Pelley answered no questions with any degree of clarity except to say he remains consistent (what? I assume he means consistently useless!!!), Players persuaded to reject LIVs payday now wondering about compensation, PGAT supposedly concerned about discovery within the anti-trust case and - as yet totally unconfirmed - McIlroy seriously considering his position for the remainder of the year.

It's actually a great week if you're hosting the Canadian Open.....