LIV Golf

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Your proving me right every time you post, regarding your LIV blinkers. If I wanted to search the internet to find stories that mentions LIV, I could easily do just the same as you. However, if I found a story where they talked about the PGAT with no mention of LIV, I wouldn't be stupid enough to use that as evidence that the PGAT is all anybody is talking about. Same with the DP World Tour, Ryder Cup etc.

Posting individual stories to try and prove your wider point is absolutely meaningless, but it is amusing that you keep trying :)

And, as r0wly86 pointed out, seems to me that Rick Shiels is primarily talking about the Ryder Cup. Perhaps the Ryder Cup is the topic of the day?

I’ve not posted individual stories, I’ve posted links to two different sports media web pages that are both predominantly discussing the impact of LIV.

If there was no mention of LIV on the Beeb then you’d have a point, but there is, and you don’t…

D

Deleted member 1147

The only mention of LIV on the golf page from the BBC website is regarding the Ryder Cup, and questions asked of RM.

Swango1980

Visit site
So, if I was to list the primary subject of each BBC headline on their website as of now, they are from top to bottom, left to right:

Ryder Cup
Women's Open
European Tour Leaderboard
Ryder Cup
McIlroy to play Scottish Open
Colonial PGAT
Colonial PGAT
Colonial PGAT
Colonial PGAT
Woods misses US Open
Ryder Cup
Block at PGA Championship
Lower Expectations McIlroy
Koepka wins PGA Championship

Yeah, all the talk is LIV.....

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It does show how LIV has ended up a damp squib, when interest in actual LIV golf is virtually nil, and the only and limited air time LIV gets now is about LIV golfers getting into, or not getting into, non LIV events...

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
4th story…🤷‍♂️
Stupid thing to say. I take Rham’s view that it should be the best from each side but until the owgr balance out the point system properly for all tours then that is going to be difficult.

I get the draw of the pga but the rankings are heavily biased in their favour and will only get worse unless they start recognising the value of winners on other tours more. There’s far too many American journeymen high up the world rankings just for making a cut on the pga.

Rham used the Spanish open as the perfect example of it all going wrong.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Maybe if the Anti LIV brigade were to take a break from this thread, the pointless round the houses procession of similar posts would stop and the thread would die on its backside

Coz nobody is talking about the actual golf even the LIV bots.
Aye, most times opening this thread I am reminded of this..

aviary-image-1685626633420.jpeg

Seems quite simple, if you wish to watch it then do so, if you don't then don't.
Not sure what is to be gained by all the other negativity TBH

Visit site
Stupid thing to say. I take Rham’s view that it should be the best from each side but until the owgr balance out the point system properly for all tours then that is going to be difficult.
Both US and Europe Ryder Cup have their own rankings for qualification neither of which is directly associated to OWGR - https://www.rydercup.com/rankings switchable between the 2 lists.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Aye, most times opening this thread I am reminded of this..

View attachment 47962

Seems quite simple, if you wish to watch it then do so, if you don't then don't.
Not sure what is to be gained by all the other negativity TBH
Some of them will have young kids - “dad can you play with me, read me a story, please?”
No sorry Mel’s just posted in the LIV thread,if I do t get the last word in he’ll think he’s won😂

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Divided sports always have issues regarding rankings.

Everyone knew Muhammed Ali was the Heavyweight Champion. Now virtually no one knows who is World Champion at any weight.
LIV is a special case though being a closed shop. You cannot rank golfers on just 4 tournaments a year when they are tested against the rest of the world. LIV exhibitions are unrankable. You cannot take yourself out of competing with the wider world, and then expect to be rated against them. It is a fundamental contradiction. LIVers just didnt think it through, or like Smith for example, didnt really care as long as the cheque was right. To each their own, but you cant have your cake and eat it.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
LIV is a special case though being a closed shop. You cannot rank golfers on just 4 tournaments a year when they are tested against the rest of the world. LIV exhibitions are unrankable. You cannot take yourself out of competing with the wider world, and then expect to be rated against them. It is a fundamental contradiction. LIVers just didnt think it through, or like Smith for example, didnt really care as long as the cheque was right. To each their own, but you cant have your cake and eat it.

There’s 48 LIV members. How can the PGA/European tour rank their players accurately when they don’t play those on the LIV tour, some of which are good enough to be in the world’s top 10? I think your argument, in that respect is also fundamentally flawed.