LIV Golf

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
The situation haven’t changed

It’s the same with the ranking points, entry to majors etc

12 months ago a bunch of golfers were offered a lot of money for playing less on a new golf tour

The tour wasn’t affiliated with anyone or recognised by any of the governing bodies

But it gave the players the opportunity to earn more money in 12 months than most earn in a career

But anyone should have understood that it would come with some sort of consequences and it meant - losing ranking points , affecting the player’s membership on other tours , direct entry into majors and also qualification to Ryder Cups

Now unless GN lied to them and said none of that change then they must have known that

So they then thought - crap I need points to play in majors etc so I’ll still play on the other tours. The other tours quite clearly are going to look after themselves and shut that door , and ever since the LIV golfers and the fan club have done nothing but complain about it all - without once looking inwards and realising - it’s all happening because of their own actions , no one forced them to LIV to take the money , it’s a harsh world and they certainly aren’t going to be able to have all the cake

The players have a choice - play LIV , earn lots of money from small events or play on the other tours , gain points , entry into majors and Ryder cups. That’s the real world choices - it’s all up to the players.

The Ryder Cup won’t be a poorer event , if anything Europe may well have a stronger team when we finally don’t have to have the urge to pick the likes of Poulter etc

And it’s not “all anybody will talk about”

It’s all the likes of you will talk about and media look for clicks - every major event you will be bringing LIV into it. For most of us it will be all about the major or the event that’s happening

Yet when there is an actual LIV event you will stay silent about it 🤷‍♂️

Nobody is forcing you to discuss LIV buddy.

You can’t seem to help yourself tho?

But, we’ve got plenty of LIV chat emanating from Muirfield village, where unlike the majors, there are NO Liv players competing, there isn’t even a LIV event for a month.

It’s not me who’s forcing the opinions of Rahm, Rory and Jack, is it…?

Swango1980

Visit site
This may be what you meant to say, but you said it wasn't talked about a lot. It clearly was.
This is simply a subjective and a perception issue. How do you define a lot (after all, was it you questioning how one defines a "top player"). I don't think it was talked about a lot at all. It was mentioned on occasions, as anyone would expect. But, the Major felt no different to a Major pre LIV, and LIV did not seem to be a big talking point throughout.

As I said, if you are a LIV fan, then anything LIV related will be at the forefront of your mind. If you are not LIV obsessed, it is just a bit of background noise.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
This is simply a subjective and a perception issue. How do you define a lot (after all, was it you questioning how one defines a "top player"). I don't think it was talked about a lot at all. It was mentioned on occasions, as anyone would expect. But, the Major felt no different to a Major pre LIV, and LIV did not seem to be a big talking point throughout.

As I said, if you are a LIV fan, then anything LIV related will be at the forefront of your mind. If you are not LIV obsessed, it is just a bit of background noise.

Click on the Golf Monthly hyperlink at the top of this page and tell us what the lead stories are…

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Ask golf monthly how much advertising revenue they are getting from LiV first

I’m sure they get advertising revenue from lots of different organisations buddy…

Do me a favour, clink on this link (they don’t get any ad revenue), and tell me what the first 3 articles are discussing

Swango1980

Visit site
Click on the Golf Monthly hyperlink at the top of this page and tell us what the lead stories are…
Wow, incredible. A headline, in a moment in time that is related to LIV , and suddenly that is what the whole golf world are talking about and were talking about during Majors!!!!!!

Of course, you are all about balance. So, when the Golf Monthly Headline is not related to LIV, you will come on here and tell us nobody is talking about LIV at all?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wow, incredible. A headline, in a moment in time that is related to LIV , and suddenly that is what the whole golf world are talking about and were talking about during Majors!!!!!!

Of course, you are all about balance. So, when the Golf Monthly Headline is not related to LIV, you will come on here and tell us nobody is talking about LIV at all?

So let me get this straight, no one is talking about LIV but the anti LIV trolls take up maybe 2/3rds of this thread 🤭

Swango1980

Visit site
So let me get this straight, no one is talking about LIV but the anti LIV trolls take up maybe 2/3rds of this thread 🤭
Who said nobody was talking about LIV? I simply said it wasn't all that everyone was talking about. In nearly every one of my posts, I acknowledged it has been talked about, just not to the extent some people like to think.

Of course, it is 100% of what is talked about on this thread, a thread that is entitled "LIV Golf". I'm sure nobody comes in here to find out about where to get the best mortgage or the workings of WHS.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

There isn’t a LIV tournament until the end of June.
The Ryder Cup is nearly 4 months away.

There’s no reason to be talking about LIV, but even the BBC are….

My point is proven.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site

My point is proven.

They are talking more about the Ryder Cup and qualification than they are LIV though, it just so happens the main qualification issue is LIV membership. In previous years they have talked about Captains picks and who that could be for players who weren't going to qualify

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

My point is proven.

It’s just white noise lol.
I guess as the Ryder Cup nears the LIV argument will get louder, specially if some European LIV players do well in the next couple of majors, not that I can see that happening mind.
Either way it’s a nice sideshow and refreshing not to be talking about a Rory bottle job or Hovlands awful outfits 🤣

Swango1980

Visit site

My point is proven.
Your point is proven in your own head.

I do love the way you manipulate anything to be pro LIV of course. Earlier in this thread you tried to prove a point by saying it was ridiculous media like the BBC did not speak about LIV, pretty much saying it was a disgrace. Now you are saying it is all the BBC are talking about. Your LIV blinkers are incredible, I give you that.

There will always be moments in time where LIV makes a few headlines (ironically, not when a LIV event is actually takes places , because quite frankly, who cares?). Of course, you probably say these headlines are what they are because of LIV. Perhaps they are big headlines because it is the Ryder Cup. The Ryder Cup is far more important, prestigious and popular than LIV, so perhaps the key subject of the headlines is the Ryder Cup, not LIV.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I don’t doubt for a moment that if Rory or Rahm had gone to LIV there would by now be a qualification route to the RC for Europeans… but they didn’t so there isn’t

If/when the need ever arises then it’ll happen, until then its business as usual because the exclusion of several potentially great future captains just isn’t enough to force a change

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Your point is proven in your own head.

I do love the way you manipulate anything to be pro LIV of course. Earlier in this thread you tried to prove a point by saying it was ridiculous media like the BBC did not speak about LIV, pretty much saying it was a disgrace. Now you are saying it is all the BBC are talking about. Your LIV blinkers are incredible, I give you that.

There will always be moments in time where LIV makes a few headlines (ironically, not when a LIV event is actually takes places , because quite frankly, who cares?). Of course, you probably say these headlines are what they are because of LIV. Perhaps they are big headlines because it is the Ryder Cup. The Ryder Cup is far more important, prestigious and popular than LIV, so perhaps the key subject of the headlines is the Ryder Cup, not LIV.

I ain’t manipulating anything buddy.

I’ve just proven my arguments wit factual evidence and you can’t accept it.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
haha, such a comeback brings me back to primary school days. One thing is for sure, LIV really has elevated the trashier side of golf

Prove me wrong…..

You’re saying it’s my perception of the current golfing news stories, and I’m incorrect about LIV being the topic of the day,so prove it.

I might be an hour responding as I’m just listening to the latest Rick Shiels pod…

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Prove me wrong…..

You’re saying it’s my perception of the current golfing news stories, and I’m incorrect about LIV being the topic of the day,so prove it.

I might be an hour responding as I’m just listening to the latest Rick Shiels pod…

but again they are primarily talking about the Ryder Cup, LIV is a factor but the main issue they are discussing is the Ryder Cup and impact upon it

Swango1980

Visit site
Prove me wrong…..

Your proving me right every time you post, regarding your LIV blinkers. If I wanted to search the internet to find stories that mentions LIV, I could easily do just the same as you. However, if I found a story where they talked about the PGAT with no mention of LIV, I wouldn't be stupid enough to use that as evidence that the PGAT is all anybody is talking about. Same with the DP World Tour, Ryder Cup etc.

Posting individual stories to try and prove your wider point is absolutely meaningless, but it is amusing that you keep trying :)

And, as r0wly86 pointed out, seems to me that Rick Shiels is primarily talking about the Ryder Cup. Perhaps the Ryder Cup is the topic of the day?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Any credibility Shiels had evaporated when he said he’d pick Poulter to play in Italy.