LIV Golf

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
So far, all the LIV has done with all its controversy and world headlines, is highlight to even more people what a *** country Saudi Arabia is. So much for sportswashing. Rights activists must delighted to watch this ongoing own goal by SA.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I think you'd be surprised, the young Saudi's I deal with on a regular basis are much less Conservative. At some point that will filter upwards, the change in a generation is quite already quite stark according to those who have worked with them a long time.

I’d agree with this, I’ve worked with a lot of guys from the Middle East through oil and gas, my personal opinion is it’s easy to stereotype someone without really knowing.
I’ve also been on holiday almost every year since 2008 to the Middle East.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Nothing has changed at any of the Middle East states and nothing will change - they have been having sporting events there for decades and the society there beyond the rich hasn’t changed

Their human rights there are shocking as is the treatment of females and of course the LGBQT community- that’s not going to change

You only have to see social media and see how they react to Pride month and what happens when they see the rainbow flag etc
There is a country where women's rights are being eroded, not protected. Which was 7th in the world on the league table of executions in 2018. Where racism abounds and the rights of black people are abused almost daily. Yes, welcome to America.

Guantánamo Bay, a prison on foreign soil where the US can and do torture and abuse prisoners without a trial.

A country whose external security arm regularly carry out human rights atrocities on behalf of their government. The CIA just don't get caught very often.

I'm guessing you missed the post as you didn't respond to it (he was quoting you), but Mr Smooth states above that some of those partners of the PGA Tour have Saudi money behind them. Some Tour events are sponsored by Saudi money.

I am not defending Saudi Arabia, but the hypocrisy in the media reporting and in this forum and others is staggering. As I said in an earlier post, it will be interesting to see what flak Joe Biden gets when he goes visiting Saudi.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So far, all the LIV has done with all its controversy and world headlines, is highlight to even more people what a *** country Saudi Arabia is. So much for sportswashing. Rights activists must delighted to watch this ongoing own goal by SA.

It seems to be three camps on the thread..

Dead against the entire thing

Interesting to see what happens

All for it

but all 3 of these camps are in agreement that SA isnt good... so its like have a day off.

Swango1980

Visit site
Nothing has changed at any of the Middle East states and nothing will change - they have been having sporting events there for decades and the society there beyond the rich hasn’t changed

Their human rights there are shocking as is the treatment of females and of course the LGBQT community- that’s not going to change

You only have to see social media and see how they react to Pride month and what happens when they see the rainbow flag etc
Nothing has changed? Despite the fact I admit not being an expert on Saudi Arabian culture, I know women were finally permitted to drive. No doubt massive changes are still required, but to simply cry out nothing has changed seems ignorant to the extreme. Probably need to caveat those statements better.

D

Deleted member 15344

There is a country where women's rights are being eroded, not protected. Which was 7th in the world on the league table of executions in 2018. Where racism abounds and the rights of black people are abused almost daily. Yes, welcome to America.

Guantánamo Bay, a prison on foreign soil where the US can and do torture and abuse prisoners without a trial.

A country whose external security arm regularly carry out human rights atrocities on behalf of their government. The CIA just don't get caught very often.

I'm guessing you missed the post as you didn't respond to it (he was quoting you), but Mr Smooth states above that some of those partners of the PGA Tour have Saudi money behind them. Some Tour events are sponsored by Saudi money.

I am not defending Saudi Arabia, but the hypocrisy in the media reporting and in this forum and others is staggering. As I said in an earlier post, it will be interesting to see what flak Joe Biden gets when he goes visiting Saudi.

Why does everyone keep going

But what about this sponser

What about this country

What about this

What about that ?

I can’t recall people stating that the PGA tour is 100% perfect - in fact we have had many topics over the years about the issues with the PGA tour

Same when the ET became the DP world tour - people expressed issues

Same with when the LET took the Saudi money

I can’t see anyone saying how everything else is perfect apart from Saudi Arabia ?

But is that the only defence people have - what about …

And the PGA gets sponsership from companies - LIV tour is sponsered directly from the state - a state that not so long ago murdered a journalist - I can’t recall any of the PGA tour sponsers killing people?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

What about this country

What about this

What about that ?

I can’t recall people stating that the PGA tour is 100% perfect - in fact we have had many topics over the years about the issues with the PGA tour

I can’t see anyone saying how everything else is perfect apart from Saudi Arabia ?

And the PGA gets sponsership from companies - LIV tour is sponsered directly from the state - a state that not so long ago murdered a journalist - I can’t recall any of the PGA tour sponsers killing people?

for crying out load not ONE person has said SA is perfect.. nobody at all. now you are making rubbish up to support your failing point

infact id say everyone has said their pretty bad.

Golfnut1957

Visit site

What about this country

What about this

What about that ?

And that's your best?

D

Deleted member 15344

for crying out load not ONE person has said SA is perfect.. nobody at all. now you are making rubbish up to support your failing point

infact id say everyone has said their pretty bad.

?‍♂️ Where did I say anyone said SA is perfect ?‍♂️

Any time someone posts something critical about the LIV tour the likes of you just post “whataboutary” - it’s as simple as that - hence why you started dribbling on about the PGA Tour sponsers or start going about people buying things from China etc etc - it’s just all whataboutary

Saudi Arabia is a disgusting regime and LIV Tour is directly funded by that regime - tbe players don’t care about that because they are being paid millions - the likes of Mickleson, Poulter and Co are happy to ignore the atrocities and human rights issues from the regime because they are making themselves very rich

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Any time someone posts something critical about the LIV tour the likes of you just post “whataboutary” - it’s as simple as that - hence why you started dribbling on about the PGA Tour sponsers or start going about people buying things from China etc etc - it’s just all whataboutary

Saudi Arabia is a disgusting regime and LIV Tour is directly funded by that regime - tbe players don’t care about that because they are being paid millions - the likes of Mickleson, Poulter and Co are happy to ignore the atrocities and human rights issues from the regime because they are making themselves very rich

FAKE NEWS

Swango1980

Visit site

You are unbelievable at writing your own narrative.

Those golfers have actively spoken out against human rights atrocities, yet tou say they ignore it.

D

Deleted member 15344

You are unbelievable at writing your own narrative.

Those golfers have actively spoken out against human rights atrocities, yet tou say they ignore it.

Yet they are more than happy to take millions from them ?‍♂️ Maybe actions is more than the spoken word .

Are they not there for the money then ?

Swango1980

Visit site
Yet they are more than happy to take millions from them ?‍♂️ Maybe actions is more than the spoken word .

Are they not there for the money then ?
Indeed they are. And they have also admitted that as well.

However, your narrative directly links them earning money as part of their profession, and their attitude to human rights issues. It is a ridiculously simplistic argument from someone desperate to take the moral high ground.

As I said before, I wouldn't judge someone who wishes to go and work in the Middle East to make money, or go on holiday. I wouldn't be silly enough to assume such an act is a stain on their morals.

And, you keep saying SA will never change anyway. Even if that were true (and you ignore all the counter arguments), then who cares whether a golfer plays or not? By your own argument, it makes no difference.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Indeed they are. And they have also admitted that as well.

However, your narrative directly links them earning money as part of their profession, and their attitude to human rights issues. It is a ridiculously simplistic argument from someone desperate to take the moral high ground.

As I said before, I wouldn't judge someone who wishes to go and work in the Middle East to make money, or go on holiday. I wouldn't be silly enough to assume such an act is a stain on their morals.

And, you keep saying SA will never change anyway. Even if that were true (and you ignore all the counter arguments), then who cares whether a golfer plays or not? By your own argument, it makes no difference.

the way he is banging on you would think that Phil has to do one of his famous flop shots but with peoples heads ...