LIV Golf

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I think you're splitting hairs. They're being paid to provide cover for the regime that does that. Feel free to debate the literal definition in the marketplace of ideas or wherever but it's good enough for me.
Thanks for explaining 👍. The nuances of the English language.

The phrase that prompted the question was -
".. using blood money to try and buy a tour"
So I took that to be the regime.

But several times on the forum, posts have referenced "players receiving blood money ", which I think is your "They're "

You are right I was applying the literal definition (penance for being son of an English teacher perhaps) - and was struggling to reconcile that.

evemccc

Visit site
Amazing how many people are quick to show their disdain for women's and LGBT rights by parroting this sort of whataboutery rather than engage with the actual issue.

Yeah I'm against it but it's an entirely different thing so my view is more nuanced. Start a thread on that if you want to get into it. Would happily discuss it on its own merits rather than to deflect from the moral failings of the multi-millionaires who joined liv for even more millions.

Another word, in place of ‘whataboutery’, is ‘context’…

Newtonuti

Visit site
I really need to start arguing on here to get my post count up.

I heard that Bryson and DJ got together and tied Rory's shoes together, so Rory changed the air density in the room Bryson uses to calibrate his brain before his round, and that's what caused him to nearly hit the other tee box with his drive.

D

Deleted member 1147

I really need to start arguing on here to get my post count up.

I heard that Bryson and DJ got together and tied Rory's shoes together, so Rory changed the air density in the room Bryson uses to calibrate his brain before his round, and that's what caused him to nearly hit the other tee box with his drive.
I could believe the last part 😁

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not only is the world ignoring LIV, it looks like even this thread didnt know there was a LIV tournament on this weekend Mel. LIV really has sunk to obscurity.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I doubt a few goons on here are much of a baromoter as to how well LIV is progressing Backsticks.
It was definitely a less noteable event, but a great and tense win for Varner - and the biggest attended US event to date - which kinda suggests you might be wrong..... Again. ;-)

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I doubt a few goons on here are much of a baromoter as to how well LIV is progressing Backsticks.
It was definitely a less noteable event, but a great and tense win for Varner - and the biggest attended US event to date - which kinda suggests you might be wrong..... Again. ;-)
If the goons here arent even aware of it, then it makes sense that it makes no impression on wider public media, sports journalism, and the sports following public in general.
The more I think about this one - there was a LIV event on and it didnt even make a ripple (Harrington going for a pee made more, both real and metaphorical) - the more I realise that truly LIV is fading faster even than I expected.

wjemather

Visit site
If the goons here arent even aware of it, then it makes sense that it makes no impression on wider public media, sports journalism, and the sports following public in general.
The more I think about this one - there was a LIV event on and it didnt even make a ripple (Harrington going for a pee made more, both real and metaphorical) - the more I realise that truly LIV is fading faster even than I expected.
I expect you'll dismiss it, but here's something to read and think about before writing LIV off too quickly: Approaching One Year in Business, LIV Golf Execs Vow Improvement: 'We're Not Going Anywhere' by Alex Miceli (SI)

D

Deleted member 15344

Where they in the beer tent 😉

814aff75-4ed6-4e4e-8978-5776f96069fd.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: