LIV Golf

D

Deleted member 31467

LP, I agree with much of what you are saying, but you are saying the same stuff over and over and over again and it is annoying to read.
For the love of god take a break before yet another member decides they have had enough of your spouting and takes a pop at you resulting in them getting infractions or worse.
I think you're having a go at the wrong person.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Just focusing on the men’s tours for the present. If a seniors tour event was on locally, I’d go and watch. There’d be some well known players and some decent golf played. Same with a Europro, or whatever it’s called now. Same for the other tours, I’d go and watch them. And the same applies if it was a LIV event.

I don’t care what the badge above the door is, I just want to see good golf. As for all the sport washing rubbish, look at which sports all the money has gone in to and how much the chest beating has achieved.

It’ll either succeed or die a natural death. In the meantime there’s good golf to be watched.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think this thread just needs locking now.

Which is exactly what shouldn't happen, most people are able to have a reasonable discussion whether pro LIV, anti LIV or just dont care, the minority shouldn't be allowed to spoil it for the majority. Unless of course some are purposely trying to derail the thread and get it closed down but I would hope that isn't the case.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
For the posters jumping to Phil's defence here, maybe take some time to scroll through this thread, make a note of how many of my comments he jumps on, sometimes when I'm debating with other posters - I make a point not to reply to many to avoid the usual downward spiral of arguments.

Just to be clear..
I am not a Liv bot.
I don't get fed pre-prepared information from anybody.
And I am definitely not anti PGAT - but do hold the view that the PGAT would be a better proposition with the the LIV players still being allowed access to PGAT events, just as LIV would be improved with PGAT players being able to play on LIV events - which I'm sure some would, given the opportunity without reprisals.
My major gripe with the PGAT is the way it has been allowed to develop into what is an almost US based tour, that massively favours US based golfers.

Golf is a worldwide sport, and the PGAT isn't representative of it.
LIV is actively seeking a way to redress that imbalance.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Which is exactly what shouldn't happen, most people are able to have a reasonable discussion whether pro LIV, anti LIV or just dont care, the minority shouldn't be allowed to spoil it for the majority. Unless of course some are purposely trying to derail the thread and get it closed down but I would hope that isn't the case.

I’m in the keep it open camp. It attracts the flies like a pile of :poop:

D

Deleted member 1147

For the posters jumping to Phil's defence here, maybe take some time to scroll through this thread, make a note of how many of my comments he jumps on, sometimes when I'm debating with other posters - I make a point not to reply to many to avoid the usual downward spiral of arguments.

Just to be clear..
I am not a Liv bot.
I don't get fed pre-prepared information from anybody.
And I am definitely not anti PGAT - but do hold the view that the PGAT would be a better proposition with the the LIV players still being allowed access to PGAT events, just as LIV would be improved with PGAT players being able to play on LIV events - which I'm sure some would, given the opportunity without reprisals.
My major gripe with the PGAT is the way it has been allowed to develop into what is an almost US based tour, that massively favours US based golfers.

Golf is a worldwide sport, and the PGAT isn't representative of it.
LIV is actively seeking a way to redress that imbalance.
The PGA tour is a US based tour.
Their issue with people joining another tour, playing predominantly in North America, goes against the contracts the players signed.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
The PGA tour is a US based tour.
Their issue with people joining another tour, playing predominantly in North America, goes against the contracts the players signed.

Do you think that's the reason why those players were banned, even though it has weakened the quality of fields in a lot of tour events (both PGAT and DPWT), or do you think it was done to try ans prevent more players from leaving?

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Is this a serious sentence ?

The Tour of the Professional Golfers of America, spun off from the Professional Golfers Association of America, developed in to a United States of America based tour, that massively favours United States of America based golfers ?
That's scandalous. And who allowed that ? Americans I'll bet. The varlots.

D

Deleted member 1147

Do you think that's the reason why those players were banned, even though it has weakened the quality of fields in a lot of tour events (both PGAT and DPWT), or do you think it was done to try ans prevent more players from leaving?
Unlike you, I don’t pretend to know

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It was damage limitation. And it worked. They lost 5 top golfers, another 5 middle rankers. But the centre held. The PGAT continued on virtually unscathed, and LIV is left with a mediocre stable of players that is not engaging media, fans, or sponsors.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
They enslave their female population and murder LGBT people and dissidents. Should be a pariah state and would be if it wasn't for the world's dependence on fossil fuels.
Understand those views but not sure they addressed the question asked, is someone paying them to do that - or is there another definition of the term?

HeftyHacker

Visit site
So Brooks currently as more Major wins than Rory,so that puts him above Rory in the 🐐 list?

Given that Majors is clearly the only thing Brooks is interested in being measured by its hard to argue that he is one of the greatest in the modern era.

He might not be the ambassador for the sport that Rory is but - when hes fit and firing - the guy is a beast come the big four.