LIV Golf

D

Deleted member 15344

Gotta laugh at Team Monahan desperately trying to turn the brilliant form of Brooks Koepka, since his LIV move, into some low level trash talk about his brother, who let’s not forget, is still a very, very good golfer by most peoples standards.

Haters gonna hate…

“Team Monahan” ?! What is that nonsense all about - is it something you have seen from the LIV bots ?

Why do you always have to bring the PGAT into it ?

Chase Koepka was added to the league to help bring his brother in , for some reason you brought in Block as some counter point to Chase Koepka 🤷‍♂️ why I’m not sure

I’m not aware of people being fans of the PGAT or Monahan - I’m certainly not so I don’t know why it’s always used as some sort of deflection. I guess you see the LIV Bots doing it

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Its a
“Team Monahan” ?! What is that nonsense all about - is it something you have seen from the LIV bots ?

Chase Koepka was added to the league to help bring his brother in , for some reason you brought in Block as some counter point to Chase Koepka 🤷‍♂️ why I’m not sure

I’m not aware of people being fans of the PGAT or Monahan - I’m certainly not so I don’t know why it’s always used as some sort of deflection. I guess you see the LIV Bots doing it
Its an attempt to muddy the waters. To deflect from reslity. To not answer clear questions. To attemp to spin. To avoid acknowledging failures by asking different unrelated questions instead.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Its a

Its an attempt to muddy the waters. To deflect from reslity. To not answer clear questions. To attemp to spin. To avoid acknowledging failures by asking different unrelated questions instead.

And yet plenty of people continue to bite. Why not just ignore it?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

Why do you want to see LIV fail Phil?

D

Deleted member 15344

Why do you want to see LIV fail Phil?

Because I think it’s adding nothing but division and toxicity to the sport

It’s a tour that’s based on nothing but funded money from the Saudi government and that imo is nothing but sportswashing and using blood money to try and buy a tour - and yes I’m not a fan of any tour or sport or club using state money to sports wash

I’m not also a fan of the arrogance from the tour that has this belief that everything should be changed to suit them as opposed to them conforming to how all the other tours work

The sport has been a mess since it started and I look forward to when the money stops from Saudi and it all falls apart.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Because I think it’s adding nothing but division and toxicity to the sport

It’s a tour that’s based on nothing but funded money from the Saudi government and that imo is nothing but sportswashing and using blood money to try and buy a tour - and yes I’m not a fan of any tour or sport or club using state money to sports wash

I’m not also a fan of the arrogance from the tour that has this belief that everything should be changed to suit them as opposed to them conforming to how all the other tours work

The sport has been a mess since it started and I look forward to when the money stops from Saudi and it all falls apart.

The toxicity is generated by the media, the ones that are pro establishment, a post was made earlier today with multiple quotes from a caddie highlighting the problem. We see LIV and non LIV players repeatedly chatting, and playing together, and talking down the toxicity which they say ……. is generated by the media..

Saudi money is everywhere - do you think Liverpool should take Newcastles place in the Champions League because of the way they are funded??

And why is golf a mess?
I still see all the top players competing together, indeed, if you watch LIV, you will see many of them competing pretty frequently.
And who decided golf competitions all have to be the same - 4 days of pretty much mundane golf, in the most part.

Here’s the thing. Ranking points are now being used as a tool to hold LIV back. We all know it, if you have two current major champions competing as they are this weekend, and they aren’t getting mathematically assessed on their eligibility for future majors, the system doesn’t work.

And do you know why that is? It’s because the PGAT is threatened by something that might be as good, if not better - better for the fans, better for the players, better for golf.. so they are using the ranking system as a means to defend their position, because they don’t have the confidence in their own product to see of LIV based on merit.

In 5 years time, pro golf will be better than it was 5 years ago, with a global presence and a global audience - whether LIV is still around, well nobody knows, but they have been the catalyst for the much needed change that golf deserved

D

Deleted member 15344

The toxicity is generated by the media, the ones that are pro establishment, a post was made earlier today with multiple quotes from a caddie highlighting the problem. We see LIV and non LIV players repeatedly chatting, and playing together, and talking down the toxicity which they say ……. is generated by the media..
Can you highlight to me which media outlets started lawsuits and court cases against their fellow professionals and also other tours- was it the media who delivered those lawsuits to players over Xmas ?
Saudi money is everywhere - do you think Liverpool should take Newcastles place in the Champions League because of the way they are funded??

I have made my feelings clear about the Saudi money for Newcastle- again another issue where it appears lies have been told to ensure the sale went through
And why is golf a mess?
I still see all the top players competing together, indeed, if you watch LIV, you will see many of them competing pretty frequently.
And who decided golf competitions all have to be the same - 4 days of pretty much mundane golf, in the most part.
Who says 4 rounds is mundane ? You ? There are hundreds of pro golfers that thinks that’s what it should be - the majors have 4 rounds ? Is it mundane watching them
Here’s the thing. Ranking points are now being used as a tool to hold LIV back. We all know it, if you have two current major champions competing as they are this weekend, and they aren’t getting mathematically assessed on their eligibility for future majors, the system doesn’t work.

Do you ever read what’s posted - the rankings have been in place for decades with a set criteria tours are required to follow to gain those ranking points - all other tours follow the requirements, LIV know what the requirements are, so if they want ranking points - follow those requirements. The players knew LIV didn’t and don’t have ranking points because they don’t follow the requirements- it’s as simple as that

And do you know why that is? It’s because the PGAT is threatened by something that might be as good, if not better - better for the fans, better for the players, better for golf.. so they are using the ranking system as a means to defend their position, because they don’t have the confidence in their own product to see of LIV based on merit.
Who says it’s better ? And again - going back to the PGAT ?! The head of the PGA of America spoke very clearly about the rankings , the PGAT doesn’t control the rankings - USPGA , R&A , USGA , PGA of America are all in there - it’s not down to just the PGAT
In 5 years time, pro golf will be better than it was 5 years ago, with a global presence and a global audience - whether LIV is still around, well nobody knows, but they have been the catalyst for the much needed change that golf deserved

Golf already had a global presence and a global audience- multiple tours have played around the world

At the end of the day you have one view point

LiV all good

PGAT all bad

There is a lot more to the issues and LIV have more than played their part in it all

No one has claimed the PGAT is perfect and many have questioned it over the years

But that doesn’t mean LIV is the answer with paying huge sums of money to players. And you need to at least see the part LIV have played in the issue

Last edited by a moderator:

Swango1980

Visit site
Are you disputing the numbers?
You clearly don't understand the concept of the saying :)

I'll summarise. I wasn't disputing your numbers, I was indicating you had used them to support a weak argument.

Had the top 50 in the world joined, that would have been a very different thing to the players 51st to 100 joining LIV. A point that has already been made in countering your weak argument.

wjemather

Visit site
You clearly don't understand the concept of the saying :)

I'll summarise. I wasn't disputing your numbers, I was indicating you had used them to support a weak argument.

Had the top 50 in the world joined, that would have been a very different thing to the players 51st to 100 joining LIV. A point that has already been made in countering your weak argument.
You appear to be reading things that are not there. I simply stated the numbers.

Anyway, if you do want an example of a weak argument, then look no further than your own and Backsticks' drivel about only players outside the top 50 joining LIV. If you had a strong argument surely you would simply use the actual (publicly available) rankings. Maybe the reason you don't is because the players were ranked higher than you thought/hoped they were.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Can you highlight to me which media outlets started lawsuits and court cases against their fellow professionals and also other tours- was it the media who delivered those lawsuits to players over Xmas ?

I have made my feelings clear about the Saudi money for Newcastle- again another issue where it appears lies have been told to ensure the sale went through

Who says 4 rounds is mundane ? You ? There are hundreds of pro golfers that thinks that’s what it should be - the majors have 4 rounds ? Is it mundane watching them

Do you ever read what’s posted - the rankings have been in place for decades with a set criteria tours are required to follow to gain those ranking points - all other tours follow the requirements, LIV know what the requirements are, so if they want ranking points - follow those requirements. The players knew LIV didn’t and don’t have ranking points because they don’t follow the requirements- it’s as simple as that

Who says it’s better ? And again - going back to the PGAT ?! The head of the PGA of America spoke very clearly about the rankings , the PGAT doesn’t control the rankings - USPGA , R&A , USGA , PGA of America are all in there - it’s not down to just the PGAT

Golf already had a global presence and a global audience- multiple tours have played around the world

At the end of the day you have one view point

LiV all good

PGAT all bad

There is a lot more to the issues and LIV have more than played their part in it all

No one has claimed the PGAT is perfect and many have questioned it over the years

But that doesn’t mean LIV is the answer with paying huge sums of money to players. And you need to at least see the part LIV have played in the issue

LP, I agree with much of what you are saying, but you are saying the same stuff over and over and over again and it is annoying to read.
For the love of god take a break before yet another member decides they have had enough of your spouting and takes a pop at you resulting in them getting infractions or worse.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
LP, I agree with much of what you are saying, but you are saying the same stuff over and over and over again and it is annoying to read.
For the love of god take a break before yet another member decides they have had enough of your spouting and takes a pop at you resulting in them getting infractions or worse.

I only see this encouraging Phil to carry on

Swango1980

Visit site
You appear to be reading things that are not there. I simply stated the numbers.

Anyway, if you do want an example of a weak argument, then look no further than your own and Backsticks' drivel about only players outside the top 50 joining LIV. If you had a strong argument surely you would simply use the actual (publicly available) rankings. Maybe the reason you don't is because the players were ranked higher than you thought/hoped they were.
You did state the numbers, which is why my response was relevant.

I had no desire for anything really, I don't sit at home praying for LIV to fail. I just personally don't like it at all myself, and so don't watch it. The negative to me is that standard PGAT events have fewer big name top players (given that LIV signed up about 5 of them). However, the PGAT has adapted, by having more of these flagship events (which, funnily enough, I'm not so sure that is a good thing either).

I was surprised and raised an eyebrow when DJ signed up. If you go back into the history of this thread, you will see I talked about that, and said it was a huge signing for LIV. Then a few more like Reed, Brooks, DeChambeau, etc signed up. And Smith later. In all honesty, I was surprised more of the very top players didn't sign up at that time, or when Smith signed up towards the end of last season. If there was going to a big switch across, I thought it would happen then. But, it didn't. It has stalled, and I doubt that is what LIV wanted. I'm not sure what needs to change for other top players from PGAT to sign up, apart from them aging and thinking they are past it. It seems like the top PGAT players now have a better deal on the PGAT than they did pre LIV, and LIV are not offering bigger incentives than they did at the start of the saga.

Swango1980

Visit site
Sounds like you've had enough, and nearly took a pop at LP. Therefore, you posted this instead, so you hopefully avoid snapping in the future :)

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

Why not say the same about Mel (and the other pro LiV person who is clearly sharing pre prepared information) who is every bit the same but with some nonsense spin?