LIV Golf

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Havnt really kept up with this but what are the courses like?
There not going to be Pebble Beach, Sawgrass etc.
Is it going to be a drive ,wedge fest?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
If any one of us was self employed, and a major purchaser to who we could sell our services to started imposing sanctions, what would be our reply?

I’m not interested in the morals of the argument dished out by some on here apart from to ask where were your moans when the European Tour, and the US PGA were having events/co-sanctioned events in the Middle East?

I don’t think this is anything to do with a moral argument, it’s the US PGA imposing restrictive practices. It will either stand or fall, and I’m not fussed either way as long as I get to see good golf played.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hobbit, post: If any one of us was self employed, and a major purchaser to who we could sell our services to started imposing sanctions, what would be our reply?
First off, I’d check exactly what was in the contract between us when I started ‘selling‘ my services to them - what were my obligations and what were theirs.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If the Saudi's are in this for the long haul (like the 10 year plan it supposedly has) then I can see this going the same way as football.

Serie A used to be the best league as it had the money.
Then La Liga was the best as it had the money.
Now the Premier League is the best because, shookeroonie, it has the money.

It's just human nature, eventually people will follow the money.

In 5 years time if LIV keep stealing the best young talent before they even get onto the PGA Tour, how does the Tour compete when they aren't getting the next Rahm, Spieth, JT, Morikawa, Hovland etc.

That's not the LIV golf model, is it? Aren't they wanting to operate like the Champions League in football, or like the IPL in cricket, where they have a few events a year that the best in the world come and play? Who the best in the world is will still be determined by the PGA tour and European tour. Don't think they are seeking to replace the PGA Tour, they want to co-exist and supplement what is already there. Long-term, LIV golf only works if that happens and they get the best players in the world, the money alone isn't enough to make watching a field made up of a few of the top 20 and load of has beens interesting beyond an event or two.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site

The moral outrage by the journos on everyone's behalf is outrageous.... albeit slightly funny ironic, as all the gifs and memes are leading to greater promotion. England will play a World Cup in December - the softball questions to Southgate and Kane have been shocking. Is there anywhere Kane wouldn't play for money? The answer will be the same as GMacs -"we're not politicians, we play where we're told". I would have no issue with the systematic onslaught if it was consistent. The PGA Tour killed the ET, purely because of money. Carters post-interview analysis of his interview with Norman is as ridiculous as it is unfair. There's no impartiality going into these discussions. Arguments about the cash are irrelevant - that ship sailed when the ET failed to crack down on those playing the majority of their golf in the USA. Discussions about the source of the money and human rights records are relevant - as relevant for golf as it is for F1, Football, Tennis etc. Andy Murray can hold his head high. But that's it. Didn't we just have an Olympics and World Cup in Russia? Despite Russia's abhorrent views on homosexuality etc.? The double standards are shocking, imho.

For all the commentary about the line-up, LIVs is far better than DPWT's offering this weekend. Had a look at the power rankings for the Canadian Open and in all honesty, if it wasn't for Scotty Shuffler, Thomas, Lowry, McIlroy, Hatton and Smith I'm not sure what interest I'd have in it.

As more names start to roll, as a 'product', I can't help but think that people like Beef Johnston, Andy Sullivan and even Justin Rose would be well served trying to get on board. I'd tune in every week for Andy Sullivan alone.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hobbit, post: If any one of us was self employed, and a major purchaser to who we could sell our services to started imposing sanctions, what would be our reply?
First off, I’d check exactly what was in the contract between us when I started ‘selling‘ my services to them - what were my obligations and what were theirs.

If I had a contract working for GSK developing a new drug for asthma, and Pfizer came along and signed me up to work on their similar drug for asthma, GSK would rightly be p'd off and terminate my contract, and possibly sue if I started the latter without telling them.

I have declined work several times for precisely those reasons.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
The moral outrage by the journos on everyone's behalf is outrageous.... albeit slightly funny ironic, as all the gifs and memes are leading to greater promotion. England will play a World Cup in December - the softball questions to Southgate and Kane have been shocking. Is there anywhere Kane wouldn't play for money? The answer will be the same as GMacs -"we're not politicians, we play where we're told". I would have no issue with the systematic onslaught if it was consistent. The PGA Tour killed the ET, purely because of money. Carters post-interview analysis of his interview with Norman is as ridiculous as it is unfair. There's no impartiality going into these discussions. Arguments about the cash are irrelevant - that ship sailed when the ET failed to crack down on those playing the majority of their golf in the USA. Discussions about the source of the money and human rights records are relevant - as relevant for golf as it is for F1, Football, Tennis etc. Andy Murray can hold his head high. But that's it. Didn't we just have an Olympics and World Cup in Russia? Despite Russia's abhorrent views on homosexuality etc.? The double standards are shocking, imho.

For all the commentary about the line-up, LIVs is far better than DPWT's offering this weekend. Had a look at the power rankings for the Canadian Open and in all honesty, if it wasn't for Scotty Shuffler, Thomas, Lowry, McIlroy, Hatton and Smith I'm not sure what interest I'd have in it.

As more names start to roll, as a 'product', I can't help but think that people like Beef Johnston, Andy Sullivan and even Justin Rose would be well served trying to get on board. I'd tune in every week for Andy Sullivan alone.

You prefer amoral outrage?

I bet GMac would rethink his breezy dismissal if he was invited to take part in the Northern Ireland Open, accepted then discovered it was being sponsored by Sinn Fein.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Just did a quick search, and quote following:

"The $1.76 million forecast is only based on YouTube advertising revenue. Meaning, Rick Shiels Golf's net worth could actually be much higher. When we consider many income sources, Rick Shiels Golf's net worth could be as high as $2.46 million."

This range of numbers seem to be quoted quite frequently. There are other sites that suggest he could have a net worth of tens of millions, although I probably don't trust that. Certainly not without researching more. However, the numbers seem to suggest you are probably plainly incorrect in saying "it's nowhere near millions". I also reckon I could retire on that sort of money.

It's a lot of money, but keep in mind that it has taken 12 years to do so. LIV isn't about to recoup its costs in a few events, far from it.