LIV Golf

Springveldt

Visit site
If the Saudi's are in this for the long haul (like the 10 year plan it supposedly has) then I can see this going the same way as football.

Serie A used to be the best league as it had the money.
Then La Liga was the best as it had the money.
Now the Premier League is the best because, shookeroonie, it has the money.

It's just human nature, eventually people will follow the money.

In 5 years time if LIV keep stealing the best young talent before they even get onto the PGA Tour, how does the Tour compete when they aren't getting the next Rahm, Spieth, JT, Morikawa, Hovland etc.

evemccc

Visit site
I am not a Phil fan and I don’t really care about Pro golfers…But I don’t understand something…

Phil said (something like) the Saudi’s were dangerous / crazy ‘dudes’ and that they killed Jamal Khashoggi…

Also that he was only using LIV to gain ‘leverage’ to enact changes to the PGA Tour..

And what else??

I have never understood what is so scandalous or outrageously heinous about this…

D

Deleted member 1147

If it carries on like this, Rory might actually win something this year.
I think we'll wait until someone ranked better than him jumps ship before worrying about that sort of thing...have you got anyone from the top 10 yet?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Purely hypothetical but...
Players like Horsefield, Canter etc are signed up for this.
What happens if the entire top 48 bang on Greg's door and want in...?
I guess the lesser players will just be paid off and discarded..
At the end of the day I don't really care what happens..I don't watch much PGA golf - it's mostly pretty dull.
I do watch some DPW golf and, if the big boys go and play by themselves, the DWP won't see much change. It may even attract more sponsorship from businesses that don't want to be involved with LIV and make DPW a better product than it is..

Just get rid of the goddamn advert!!!!

D

Deleted member 3432

I think judging by the advert GM have taken the Saudi money......:ROFLMAO:

Won't be long before mods are shutting this thread down if anyone is critical ;)

D

Deleted member 1147

I think judging by the advert GM have taken the Saudi money......:ROFLMAO:

Won't be long before mods are shutting this thread down if anyone is critical ;)

& chopping off the hands of any infidels who dare question the regime

Swango1980

Visit site
The Liv Tour website, on the Teams page, denotes 3 players as Amateurs (the wiki pages for them suggests one just turned pro, the other 2 are amateur).

Question is, will they be allowed to win money? One of them is 15 years old, the one in Phil Mickleson's team (Ratchanon Chantananuwat)