LIV Golf

cleveland52

Visit site
Yeah I’m not sure why it will take that long to find out the ruling - I’m guess there would need to be some checking of rules etc and what the recourse would be

You would hope that the ET would have done their homework before banning them

But I guess it depends on if they have ultimate control on who can be a member of their Tour
"

Agreed.......

Control of their rules and membership is what's at stake.

Still, either way Pelley and the DPWT wins. IMO

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Had a good conversation within our group about LIV this morning and the current arbitration with the DP Tour

One of the guys thinks that the DP Tour have played a subtle blinder - ban the players , have the rules being a bit loose , the arbitration rules in favour of the players which would then allow the LIV players to tee up on the DP Tour which could potentially mean the likes of DJ , Smith , DeShambles etc playing on the DP Tour could elevate the DP Tour

That’s what I told you could happen two weeks ago, and you questioned how it was good for the DPWT if that scenario did pan out.
Maybe we need to be mates Phil, so you can start taking my views seriously;-)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That’s what I told you could happen two weeks ago, and you questioned how it was good for the DPWT if that scenario did pan out.
Maybe we need to be mates Phil, so you can start taking my views seriously;-)

To be fair when he says "group" he means twitter circles so very much depends on the mood of the day

D

Deleted member 15344

"

Agreed.......

Control of their rules and membership is what's at stake.

Still, either way Pelley and the DPWT wins. IMO

I would suspect that the ET is currently ensuring that any future rules etc are water tight

Whilst the likes of Smith etc would bring some added sponsers etc I don’t think the pull of those LIV players is that big to elevate the ET too much

Where as the link between the ET and PGAT is very lucrative - the increased Rolex Sponsorship and the co sanctioned events

If the ET are forced to allow LIV players then it’s prob going to have some consequences for that link to the PGAT that could damage the ET

cleveland52

Visit site
I would suspect that the ET is currently ensuring that any future rules etc are water tight

Whilst the likes of Smith etc would bring some added sponsers etc I don’t think the pull of those LIV players is that big to elevate the ET too much

Where as the link between the ET and PGAT is very lucrative - the increased Rolex Sponsorship and the co sanctioned events

If the ET are forced to allow LIV players then it’s prob going to have some consequences for that link to the PGAT that could damage the ET
Agreed........but isn't the PGAT a 40% stake holder>? Surely that would factor in....

MiurasFan

Blackballed
Visit site
Agreed........but isn't the PGAT a 40% stake holder>? Surely that would factor in....
It's a 40% stakeholder (up from 15% in June 22) in European Tour Productions - a subsidiary of DPWT. As part of the deal, top 10 DPWT members at season end will get PGAT cards for the following season, so benefits both ways. Part of the defence by both orgs against LIV threat.

D

Deleted member 15344

yes I believe they have a large stake in the Tour , increased this year and was part of the reason for increased prize money etc

I’m not a fan of it but without the ET just doesn’t get the commercial income that attracts the top players.

Only have to watch most of the ET events and see how sparse the crowds - the only exceptions are the events in the UK.

cleveland52

Visit site
yes I believe they have a large stake in the Tour , increased this year and was part of the reason for increased prize money etc

I’m not a fan of it but without the ET just doesn’t get the commercial income that attracts the top players.

Only have to watch most of the ET events and see how sparse the crowds - the only exceptions are the events in the UK.
Well, sounds like Pelley has his work cut out for him. He'll just have to become more creative with his sponsor search like JM.

MiurasFan

Blackballed
Visit site

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
LIV season kicks off next week - still no news on the UK TV provider… will it be YouTube, will it be E4… nobody knows 😂

MiurasFan

Blackballed
Visit site
LIV season kicks off next week - still no news on the UK TV provider… will it be YouTube, will it be E4… nobody knows 😂
I would expect any big announcements to happen from about Wednesday or Thursday this week or maybe early next week. Timed to avoid clashing with the buzz of the Waste Management tournament. Tiger's plan to play Riviera and its elevated ($20M) purse might push it further out. LIV traditionally scheduled announcements and events opposite 'smaller' PGAT tournaments.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I would expect any big announcements to happen from about Wednesday or Thursday this week or maybe early next week. Timed to avoid clashing with the buzz of the Waste Management tournament. Tiger's plan to play Riviera and its elevated ($20M) purse might push it further out. LIV traditionally scheduled announcements and events opposite 'smaller' PGAT tournaments.

Tigers timed that well 😂 never even thought of that!

MiurasFan

Blackballed
Visit site
Tigers timed that well 😂 never even thought of that!
I actually wonder whether he's really ready. It could easily be just a pre-emptive action to reduce the impact of any LIV (out-LIV:rolleyes:) announcements! :ROFLMAO: The PR 'war' has been pretty one-sided, or at least LIV-driven, up until now.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Yeah when I read the announcement of TW returning it did feel carefully choreographed - then asking loads of players at the WM how they felt about it.
Also the regular 'TGL signings' - which doesn't start until next year.
Guess in terms of PR has been a bit of 'if.....join 'em' going on. Can't blame them really.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Can't see there being a TV contract in the UK, at least not one that covers the first event, as their schedules would have been set by now.

MiurasFan

Blackballed
Visit site
Can't see there being a TV contract in the UK, at least not one that covers the first event, as their schedules would have been set by now.
They have to have publicity, so YT, or their own site, is the obvious medium outside US. I'm petty certain a deal would have been announced by now if there was one to be had. Looks like merchandise really WILL be there main source of income this year :ROFLMAO: though will await the first event for details.! Mind you, the usual LIV sources seem to have been pretty quiet, which normally means an official announcement is imminent!:rolleyes:

Last edited: