LIV Golf

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
What do people think of the way that the teams seem to be taking shape? (regardless of your opinions of LIV in general and of the quality of players)

From what I can see, there is now a number of teams that are made up of guys from the same areas of the world - Ripper GC for example are the "Aussie" team.

You've then got:

Majesticks - who up until Stenson moved were all from the UK - now a European team.
Ironheads - commonly made up of Asian players although they have had one zimbabwean
4 Aces - Americans
Range Goats - farm animals and Bubba fans :ROFLMAO: (I Kid....)
And so on...

Do we think the idea is that Europeans might get behind the Majesticks more, The Aussies Ripper and so on with the thought that it might push the whole team thing a bit more "tribal"?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
What do people think of the way that the teams seem to be taking shape? (regardless of your opinions of LIV in general and of the quality of players)

From what I can see, there is now a number of teams that are made up of guys from the same areas of the world - Ripper GC for example are the "Aussie" team.

You've then got:

Majesticks - who up until Stenson moved were all from the UK - now a European team.
Ironheads - commonly made up of Asian players although they have had one zimbabwean
4 Aces - Americans
And so on...

Do we think the idea is that Europeans might get behind the Majesticks more, The Aussies Ripper and so on with the thought that it might push the whole team thing a bit more "tribal"?

That’s definitely the idea behind it, Sergio has a team of Hispanics, and it’s expected a couple more South American players will join to team up with Niemann, to cover that area. Makes sense, as it’ll help attract investors from those areas of the globe.

Must admit, I’m drawn to Bubba and will be interested to see who ends up in his team. Love his dgaf attitude, and he’s a good guy to go with it.

MiurasFan

Blackballed
Visit site

You've then got:

4 Aces - Americans
And so on...

In order to promote a team properly, there needs to be something that allows supporters and-or funders to identify with the team. Geographic association is by far the easiest!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
In order to promote a team properly, there needs to be something that allows supporters and-or funders to identify with the team. Geographic association is by far the easiest!

NLU suggested maybe some form of US college affiliated team set up but obviously that’s just from a US perspective. Besides I wouldn’t know just how many went through that system 🤣

MiurasFan

Blackballed
Visit site
NLU suggested maybe some form of US college affiliated team set up but obviously that’s just from a US perspective. Besides I wouldn’t know just how many went through that system 🤣
NLU? I can't see affiliation with US Colleges working! The team concept, at lest in LIV, is a manufactured one anyway. It might replace some of the sponsorship individual players lost by going to LIV though.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
NLU? I can't see affiliation with US Colleges working! The team concept, at lest in LIV, is a manufactured one anyway. It might replace some of the sponsorship individual players lost by going to LIV though.

Aren’t all team concepts manufactured in some form?
Anyway, like I said it was from a U.S. perspective where the college game is king.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Aren’t all team concepts manufactured in some form?

No. Only the LIV ones are. Thats why they are a nonsense and doomed to failure.
Teams sports come primarily from sports that are played by teams by their nature, not individuals : cricket, football, hockey, etc.
And secondarily from an inherent common identity : country, city, college, even in the oft cited Ryder Cup or Walker Cup, a continent and GB&I entities that pre-exist and are identities regardless of the sporting team. The teams are spawned from those primary entities.
LIV teams fail on both key attributes.
Thats why they are Mickey Mouse teams, and more akin school sports days or corporate bonding or the likes.
They are a nonsense. LIV would have stood a greater chance had they not added that element of self inflicted ridicule.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Teams sports come primarily from sports that are played by teams by their nature, not individuals : cricket, football, hockey, etc.
And secondarily from an inherent common identity : country, city, college, even in the oft cited Ryder Cup or Walker Cup, a continent and GB&I entities that pre-exist and are identities regardless of the sporting team. The teams are spawned from those primary entities.
Thats why they are Mickey Mouse teams, and more akin school sports days or corporate bonding or the likes.
They are a nonsense. LIV would have stood a greater chance had they not added that element of self inflicted ridicule.

Wow quality rant, bravo sir :LOL:

evemccc

Visit site

The pro cycling world disagrees with you

D

Deleted member 15344

The pro cycling world disagrees with you
Really 🤷‍♂️

How many people care about the teams in cycling

When it’s the Tour De France - do they talk about the team that won it , or the cyclist , is there even a team prize