LIV Golf

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The pro cycling world disagrees with you

It doesnt.

Cyclists succeed through a supporting team. The lone wolf cyclist doesnt win.This was discovered a century ago, with the supporting domestiques, literally servants to help a single winner. Some of the glory rubs off on them to make them feel good, but its still fundamentally a team built to support an individual, and all the news is which individual wins. Not which team. People support and follow cyclists, not teams.
The roads are scribed with Alaphilippe, not Deceunick Quickstep.

D

Deleted member 15344

You get my point then, he’s just placed himself right inside the head of a huge cycling fan and spouted absolute rubbish.
Are you a big cycling fan?
Not just a fan, he is a leading expert!
(Mod edit)
It was a simple reply - when it’s the Tour De France or the Grio do they laud the winning team or the winning Cyclist?

When Wiggins won was it Team Sky that people cared about

A team is used in cycling to set up one main rider , normally the one they want to see win either the main race , points or mountains

So in what way is it comparable to someone trying to create teams in what’s always been a individual sport

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 15344

Had a good conversation within our group about LIV this morning and the current arbitration with the DP Tour

One of the guys thinks that the DP Tour have played a subtle blinder - ban the players , have the rules being a bit loose , the arbitration rules in favour of the players which would then allow the LIV players to tee up on the DP Tour which could potentially mean the likes of DJ , Smith , DeShambles etc playing on the DP Tour could elevate the DP Tour

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Had a good conversation within our group about LIV this morning and the current arbitration with the DP Tour

One of the guys thinks that the DP Tour have played a subtle blinder - ban the players , have the rules being a bit loose , the arbitration rules in favour of the players which would then allow the LIV players to tee up on the DP Tour which could potentially mean the likes of DJ , Smith , DeShambles etc playing on the DP Tour could elevate the DP Tour

Who’s De Shambles, or is this more of your hilarious attempt at Wit 🙄

D

Deleted member 15344

Typical response from Liverpool (I don’t go to games) Phil, our subject master expert on everything 😀

Is that how it is now - instead of having some sort of response in regards what I posted instead you will just slag of the poster. Well done you 👍👏

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

Funnily enough, posted this 5 months back 😉

I do have some sympathy for Pelley. Early on it would have been a big gamble to jump in with PIF, and not surprisingly he went with a perceived safer option.

It's the ban situation that he's open to criticism on IMO. He likely knew the tour doesn't have as solid a case as the PGAT does - it may still succeed, we'll have to wait.

It will keep coming up that he had an opportunity to have a number of formerly PGAT players as fairly regular players on DPWT instead, bringing in ranking points and sponsorship opportunities. He didn’t go that way and it's reasonable IMO for him to receive criticism on that.

Early on I did wonder if the plan was to say "I tried Jay, but the lawers overruled me", but actions at BMW seems to have dispelled that.

D

Deleted member 15344

Funnily enough, posted this 5 months back 😉

Yeah good shout

It could be actions that strengthen the ET

But what will it do to the relationship with the PGAT

And how will it affect the Ryder Cup with LIV players then having chances to gain points

Also there is the other side of the coin - if the likes DJ do come in to play more ET events then how will the other ET members react - there will be some that miss out on places in some events

BubbaP

Visit site
Yeah good shout

It could be actions that strengthen the ET

But what will it do to the relationship with the PGAT

And how will it affect the Ryder Cup with LIV players then having chances to gain points

Also there is the other side of the coin - if the likes DJ do come in to play more ET events then how will the other ET members react - there will be some that miss out on places in some events
Personally I don't really buy into the 'miss out places' argument. Is the nature of Pro golf IMO. When Rory , Rahm etc. pop back some players miss out. And when they play in the USA some domestic players miss out on 'their' tour.

So far Johnson hasn't seemed too bothered to play so much, although apparently he was talking about playing DPWT last summer before the lawers etc.

Still all immaterial if the decision goes Pelley's way.
I'm sure it was noticed that the Dubai tournament attracted a lot of media interest though

D

Deleted member 15344

Personally I don't really buy into the 'miss out places' argument. Is the nature of Pro golf IMO. When Rory , Rahm etc. pop back some players miss out. And when they play in the USA some domestic players miss out on 'their' tour.

So far Johnson hasn't seemed too bothered to play so much, although apparently he was talking about playing DPWT last summer before the lawers etc.

Still all immaterial if the decision goes Pelley's way.
I'm sure it was noticed that the Dubai tournament attracted a lot of media interest though

https://www.skysports.com/amp/golf/...s-offer-mixed-views-on-what-outcome-should-be

Not sure I have seen Fox talk about it but he is spot on about a few things

"Golf has always been a gentleman's game, while there's been feuds here and there, generally everyone gets along really well. This whole thing has ended friendships, not for me or anything, but it has ended friendships for people.
"It has created a lot of tension in the game, and while the tension may have been good to start with, I don't think it's good in the long term for anyone."

And also Rose had been very quiet about it all until recently - a few were surprised he didn’t join LIV

BubbaP

Visit site
https://www.skysports.com/amp/golf/...s-offer-mixed-views-on-what-outcome-should-be

Not sure I have seen Fox talk about it but he is spot on about a few things

"Golf has always been a gentleman's game, while there's been feuds here and there, generally everyone gets along really well. This whole thing has ended friendships, not for me or anything, but it has ended friendships for people.
"It has created a lot of tension in the game, and while the tension may have been good to start with, I don't think it's good in the long term for anyone."

And also Rose had been very quiet about it all until recently - a few were surprised he didn’t join LIV
Some good stuff in that article, but for me this is the most disappointing - just more dragging out

"The outcome of the five-day hearing is not expected for several weeks"

D

Deleted member 15344

Some good stuff in that article, but for me this is the most disappointing - just more dragging out

"The outcome of the five-day hearing is not expected for several weeks"

Yeah I’m not sure why it will take that long to find out the ruling - I’m guess there would need to be some checking of rules etc and what the recourse would be

You would hope that the ET would have done their homework before banning them

But I guess it depends on if they have ultimate control on who can be a member of their Tour

MiurasFan

Blackballed
Visit site
I agree. There's always Monday Qualifying too.