LIV Golf

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Sky already have media exclusive deals with the main Tours - they wouldn’t go near LIV

Not sure what the Boxing has to do with anything though - most I know aren’t fans of the boxing matches going there

It’s got to be on some level of freeview

Maybe.. But I don't know of any free sports channels at the moment so it'll be another CW type thing - E4 or Dave maybe?

D

Deleted member 15344

Love it or hate it there is defo a different vibe from Liv going for that younger audience.
The production values on their content is very good..
Best watched full screen, volume up

They have marketed that very well - managed to make it look like the crowds are huge and a lot of focus on a concert

D

Deleted member 1147

A UK TV deal?
But, but, but, but, but, that's yet another "it'll never happen" that's only gone and happened. :eek:
I thought they didn't want to be on telly, because none of the kids watch it. I believed it was all about the Youtube!

D

Deleted member 1147

Shame about Sky, they could have saved on airfares for their production team if they had coordinated the next Anthony Joshua boxing match they cover and promote, with the Jeddah LIV event..

Ohhh I forgot the to read from the Sky script…‘Saudi is bad because of LIV but good for Boxing’
No hypocrisy here people ?
You'll have to point out where Sky have said Saudi is bad, as I haven't seen it...and are you referencing the sky golf commentators, or the sky ownership?

D

Deleted member 21445

Surely it would make sense for Liv to give it to the BBC or Ch4 for free for a year?

Get eyeballs on it and grow the brand then look for the big TV deal.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I said that last year…if the aim is really to “grow the game”, give the footage away for free, around the world, on terrestrial TV.

Isn't that essentially what they've done with the US TV deal? They've given it to CW at no cost just a share of advertising revenue and LIV pay for all the production costs. I assume that whatever they do in the UK will be broadly similar to that. Will be interesting to see what the LIV fans make of that especially with so many saying last year that LIV was great because it was solid golf and no adverts. They also claimed that YouTube was great as that's what all the kids were watching now instead of TV so it made sense to broadcast it there. I imagine that the tune will have changed now that it'll be on TV with adverts.

The Lion

Visit site
I can’t see it being behind a paywall - they know that the level of subscriptions won’t be much
I was thinking maybe BT might go for it as they don't really have any golf at the moment? Don't see Sky being interested.

Please stop supporting LIV, it’s pathetic. The Saudis are pure EVIL, immoral scum who MURDER people like me — LGBT — for simply existing.

I don’t understand why so many of you support this total human rights travesty. Why do you support the side of hate against your own people, and yes the many Saudis who oppose this corrupt monstrosity?

C’mon, explain. Let’s hear why...

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I really think it's becoming any little dig to try and put Liv down now days.

Everyone thought they wouldn't last.

Even though they said themsleves they in for the long haul and didn't matter if year one they got none of the top 50 because it was beta testing

Its not going away, there is interest to watch.. If it doesn't interest you simply don't watch

Seems people don't like it but spend half their time looking for holes to pick in it

Its gone better than expected in parts and looking at it returning in London this year (even tho centurion club isn't London) I'd look into going to see it as seems good atmosphere

The whole "sports washing" doesn't hold water when every single company, industry is built on the backs of either slavery, the empire , stealing other countries wealth that hold all the resources and getting rich off it. Not a single company is clean. Whilst Saudi's aren't at all it just seems a moral high ground on shaky grounds.

Now look forwarding to first event and see what happens

On the subject of reed. He has always been a cheat and a bit of plonker , he isn't one because of Liv

Altho I did think Liv players were all washed up and couldn't compete as they used to 3 days now ..

Simply if you don't like it cool it's not for you but plenty of other things to fill time other than digging it out..

Fact this thread is becoming the biggest on the forum just shows it's making waves even if people don't want to admit it.

The Lion

Visit site
I really think it's becoming any little dig to try and put Liv down now days.

Everyone thought they wouldn't last.

Even though they said themsleves they in for the long haul and didn't matter if year one they got none of the top 50 because it was beta testing

Its not going away, there is interest to watch.. If it doesn't interest you simply don't watch

Seems people don't like it but spend half their time looking for holes to pick in it

Its gone better than expected in parts and looking at it returning in London this year (even tho centurion club isn't London) I'd look into going to see it as seems good atmosphere

The whole "sports washing" doesn't hold water when every single company, industry is built on the backs of either slavery, the empire , stealing other countries wealth that hold all the resources and getting rich off it. Not a single company is clean. Whilst Saudi's aren't at all it just seems a moral high ground on shaky grounds.

Now look forwarding to first event and see what happens

On the subject of reed. He has always been a cheat and a bit of plonker , he isn't one because of Liv

Altho I did think Liv players were all washed up and couldn't compete as they used to 3 days now ..

Simply if you don't like it cool it's not for you but plenty of other things to fill time other than digging it out..

Fact this thread is becoming the biggest on the forum just shows it's making waves even if people don't want to admit it.

Just because the past is abhorrent, doesn’t mean we should make the same mistakes in the future.

Yet that’s exactly what you guys are doing by cheering this complete travesty of a faux competition.

It really *is* about sportwashing and normalising the most evil major country regime on Earth.

If you ever wanted a definition of evil, the House of Saud is an ideal example.

Those who continue down this path of denialism will forever live in infamy. The shame is something that cannot be washed away.

D

Deleted member 15344

Please stop supporting LIV, it’s pathetic. The Saudis are pure EVIL, immoral scum who MURDER people like me — LGBT — for simply existing.

I don’t understand why so many of you support this total human rights travesty. Why do you support the side of hate against your own people, and yes the many Saudis who oppose this corrupt monstrosity?

C’mon, explain. Let’s hear why...

not sure why you have quoted me because I’m far from any LIV supporter and certainly not a fan of any Middle East state having anything to do with any sports

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
@pauljames87 When the backer has unlimited funds, "lasting" was never going to be an issue for LIV.

The issue is why anyone would support golf becoming a Saudi Hobbyhorse?

Are they not already? Money been there for years for tournaments etc.

Only reason Liv has been so highlighted is because it's gone against the PGA tour ...simple as that