LIV Golf

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
You're right about me being late because I'm of the mindset that eventually a LIV player will win a DPWT event before eventually being forced to go back to the tour that they chose instead of double dipping.
You've not really explained that but I am guessing you mean playing on LIV and on DPWT, is that right?
If so, might you see an alternative point of perspective, that a non-USA national may consider swapping out the 15 or 16 (or whatever) PGAT events, for LIV events - largely continue as previous years, and wonder what the drama is? ?

Anyway, the legal beagles will no doubt soon decide if it ends...

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’m not sure golf is ever going to be current and in the news, regardless of who comes along. Golf is followed by golfers, and really isn’t the sort of sport which garners a following beyond those who play. The annual SPOTY awards illustrate that perfectly.

So I’m not sure I really subscribe to the view that the sport needs a massive name.

This is very true. Golf is predominantly watched by people who play golf. Theres not that many who watch and dont play.

To grow the game it needs to be by getting clubs in peoples hands. Not inflate the wallets of the worlds best players.

D

Deleted member 21445

Older golfers will always have more disposable income. The older a person become the more they gravitate to golf.

But in order for a sport to survive you need to attract younger people aka the next generation to the game...

How many of those are looking at golf as a cool sport to play right now ???

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But in order for a sport to survive you need to attract younger people aka the next generation to the game...

How many of those are looking at golf as a cool sport to play right now ???

I'm not convinced that's a problem. People tend to gravitate towards less vigorous sports as they get older. The younger people playing football and cricket in their late 30's and 40's will possibly look for something else to do once they are unable to continue in the more physical sports and golf is one of their options. I don't think that there's any need for golf to try to attract the next generation with gimmicks otherwise it would have died out years ago. For a lot of people it's a natural progression from more athletic past times into golf as they get older. Probably 70 - 80% of people that I played cricket with 20+ years ago have taken up golf since they stopped playing.

D

Deleted member 21445

Anthony Kim?!?!? would actually get me to watch it I think

I'd be intrigued to see if he can still play..
He was a player before retirement at the age of 28 due to injury and an insurance policy payout.

Surely Liv must know he is going to be at a certain level otherwise it would turn a PR win story into a laughable situation.

The insurance policy is paying him out millions so returning to the PGA Tour offers him no security against that.

However Livs up front payment would far outweigh the loss of the insurance policy.

D

Deleted member 15344

Really do wonder what channel will be in for it in the UK.

An established sports channel or Dave... time will tell!

Fingers crossed its not behind a pay wall!

I can’t see it being behind a paywall - they know that the level of subscriptions won’t be much

D

Deleted member 21445

I was thinking maybe BT might go for it as they don't really have any golf at the moment? Don't see Sky being interested.

NO CHANCE with Sky.

BT would make sense in many ways but who knows as they seem to just want to make it accessible so could be on UK Gold....

D

Deleted member 21445

Love it or hate it there is defo a different vibe from Liv going for that younger audience.
The production values on their content is very good..
Best watched full screen, volume up

evemccc

Visit site
NO CHANCE with Sky.

BT would make sense in many ways but who knows as they seem to just want to make it accessible so could be on UK Gold....

Shame about Sky, they could have saved on airfares for their production team if they had coordinated the next Anthony Joshua boxing match they cover and promote, with the Jeddah LIV event..

Ohhh I forgot the to read from the Sky script…‘Saudi is bad because of LIV but good for Boxing’
No hypocrisy here people ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Shame about Sky, they could have saved on airfares for their production team if they had coordinated the next Anthony Joshua boxing match they cover and promote, with the Jeddah LIV event..

Ohhh I forgot the to read from the Sky script…‘Saudi is bad because of LIV but good for Boxing’
No hypocrisy here people ?

Sky already have media exclusive deals with the main Tours - they wouldn’t go near LIV

Not sure what the Boxing has to do with anything though - most I know aren’t fans of the boxing matches going there
I was thinking maybe BT might go for it as they don't really have any golf at the moment? Don't see Sky being interested.

It’s got to be on some level of freeview