LIV Golf

cleveland52

Visit site
I see Pat has rejuvenated his law suit against various people and companies including Fox Sports..aren't LIV supposed to ve negotiating a deal with them..?
That could sour the relationship
LIV's bullying tactics continue.....Maybe a lawsuit will persuade Fox to come to the table and renegotiate their position. All these lawsuits are certainly souring me.

Are you certain that he decided to sue Fox sport?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
McIlroys and many other wish is much more simple to me. We get bogged down too much on individual tournaments, and start comparing how many top players play in each one and how many do not.

But, it is not really about stand alone tournaments. What McIlroy wants is all the top players competing together on a single tour. A tour that is the ultimate destination for the up and coming great golfers of the future to want to get to, and the current best golfers to be members of. How the members of that tour decide to allocate their schedule is largely up to them. There are events nearly every single week, so clearly it is not realistic to have them play in every event. Therefore, at certain times of year, the events are better suited for the lesser golfers on the tour to compete and try and improve their standing in golf, with a sprinkling of higher quality golfers. While, at other times of the year, the events will be made up of many of the best golfers, especially around the Major season.
...... .
Probably most would go for that. Personally would prefer that tour to not be the PGA Tour (USA), or LIV.

On reflection I'd quite like just a load of individual tournaments - so run like the majors, independently, but not on the same scale. Each tournament could choose their criteria and the players could be truly independent. #pipedream ?

Ian_George

Visit site
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21445

Liv targeting 4 Golfers from the OWGR top 15.

Defo
Cantlay and Xander are 2 for sure.
They would want to be on the same team as their best mates.

Other targets must be
Hiovland
Finau
Morikawa
Burns

All the others have nailed their flag to the PGA mast..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/63441853

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I see Bubba has admitted he received appearance money behind closed doors for playing on the PGA Tour, so the jeopordy of the cut was irrelevant to him, and I'd imagine quite a few others.
Looks like the concept of Exhibition Golf is nothing new then.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Liv targeting 4 Golfers from the OWGR top 15.

Defo
Cantlay and Xander are 2 for sure.
They would want to be on the same team as their best mates.

Other targets must be
Hiovland
Finau
Morikawa
Burns

All the others have nailed their flag to the PGA mast..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/63441853

I'll believe it when it happens. Back in August all the talk from the LIV fans, on here and all over social media, was of an "exodus" of PGA players leaving to join LIV after "going through the motions" at the FedEx, and that never happened. At the same time Greg Norman was saying that he had agents of top 40 players calling him but they were full for 2023 and it was too late.

Wouldn't surprise me if a few more did move across but your comment about being on the same team as they are mates just proves to me that LIV isn't serious golf. It's a few mates having a knock around and a bit of a giggle.

D

Deleted member 21445

I see Bubba has admitted he received appearance money behind closed doors for playing on the PGA Tour, so the jeopordy of the cut was irrelevant to him, and I'd imagine quite a few others.

Top PGA players have always received appeearence money for certain events since the days of Jack Nicklaus.

To imply the PGA Tour is an exhibition tour in any shape or form is just plain stupid.

Liv will in my opinion prove itself over time and continue to get stronger but the 2 tours will always be very different, sooner everyone accepts that and concentrates on the positives of either... the better

D

Deleted member 21445

I'll believe it when it happens. Back in August all the talk from the LIV fans, on here and all over social media, was of an "exodus" of PGA players leaving to join LIV after "going through the motions" at the FedEx, and that never happened. At the same time Greg Norman was saying that he had agents of top 40 players calling him but they were full for 2023 and it was too late.

Wouldn't surprise me if a few more did move across but your comment about being on the same team as they are mates just proves to me that LIV isn't serious golf. It's a few mates having a knock around and a bit of a giggle.

The comment was because they are long term Presidents Cup partners and like playing together on a team. ?

They can/will continue that on Liv

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Appearance fees seemed so common I didn’t even realise it was against pgat rules for a player to get an appearance fee. The subtle difference being

Pgat appearance fee rule; (not a quote)
You can’t get a fee from a sponsor to play a pgat event but… you can get a fee from a sponsor to appear in a sponsor tent after playing at a pgat event you weren’t otherwise gonna play :rolleyes::sneaky:

AussieKB

Visit site
I thought it was common knowledge that you had to pay to get certain players to appear at your event, even though it was against the rules, just another PGAT rule that nobody bothers with.

D

Deleted member 29109

And so continues the slow drip of anti PGA propaganda.

I presume Bubba was ok with breaking the rules whilst he was pocketing the cash.

I wonder if the good lord was ok with him breaking the rules to line his pockets! Isn’t greed a big no no?

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Yes, LIV is 'targeting' four golfers.

They suffered from the dearth of signups after the end of the Fedex cup, which they had flagged as being a milestone for jumpers from the pgat. Damp squib.

And nothing has happened since for them. So need to get some rumours going and get some clickbait headlines to remind people they are still there, and that next years line up might have a better field than this years missfire.

So they are targeting.

I am 'targeting' getting to scratch before the end of the year. I dont see any impediment in my current hi being 12.6.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Top PGA players have always received appeearence money for certain events since the days of Jack Nicklaus.

To imply the PGA Tour is an exhibition tour in any shape or form is just plain stupid.

Liv will in my opinion prove itself over time and continue to get stronger but the 2 tours will always be very different, sooner everyone accepts that and concentrates on the positives of either... the better

Well, the argument about guaranteed money making a mockery of the competitive element of LIV has been pretty strong on here, if Bubba and many others have been in that position on the PGA tour, it’s the same argument.

D

Deleted member 29109

Well, the argument about guaranteed money making a mockery of the competitive element of LIV has been pretty strong on here, if Bubba and many others have been in that position on the PGA tour, it’s the same argument.

Do appearance fees count towards the points needed to retain a tour card?

D

Deleted member 1147

I read an interesting idea in the opposition's magazine...

Shorten the PGA/Euro tours, and then have the top payers from the tours qualify for the LIV tour, for the season end. Those that want to play can do, and those that don't can stay at home etc

That way both PGA/ET & LIV can exist in harmony.

D

Deleted member 29109

Bit of a daft question. Aside from perhaps Tiger recently, who would be getting appearance money that isn’t good enough to retain their card?

So they still need to play well and make cuts regardless of the appearance money? See the difference?