LIV Golf

D

Deleted member 21445

But if it’s got the strongest field, why does it need a minimum 80 points for the winner, the SOF should dictate the points for the winner, not a discretionary amendment because some people think it should be a major.

Its a HUGE historic prestigious event with a stellar field on an iconic golf course , it rightly gets its points that situates it between the Majors and regular events.

Swango1980

Visit site
I must say, It’s quite amusing checking all these high ranking OWGR events and seeing most of them are held by LIV players.

But they’re no loss to the PGAT :ROFLMAO:
If they were no loss to the PGA, this thread wouldn't be anywhere near 398 pages long. Nobody would really care, as they'd either just watch the PGA, LIV or both and not really care which players might be missing from either.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
So this years Players will not have the Champion defending, not a good look in my opinion, but expect nothing less from the PGA.

Someone who knew that leaving for LIV would prevent him from playing on the PGAT, does so anyway, and you blame the PGAT for his lack of attendance.

A bit of backwards thinking

Swango1980

Visit site
So this years Players will not have the Champion defending, not a good look in my opinion, but expect nothing less from the PGA.
Personally, I blame Cameron Smith. After all, he is the one that decided to cash in on the easy money. But, fair play to him if it is the money he wants, but he is the one to blame when people like you, AussieKB, are sad when you cannot see the Champion defend his trophy. On a positive note, however, you get to watch him on the LIV tour (if you are a fan), and in the Australian Open (in case he wasn't going to play if LIV never happened)

Ian_George

Visit site
I must say, It’s quite amusing checking all these high ranking OWGR events and seeing most of them are held by LIV players.

But they’re no loss to the PGAT :ROFLMAO:
If you check the charts in the Roboptv tweet of a page or 2 back, the 'including LIV' (middle/green) column indicates that most have gone downhill since joining LIV!

Last edited:

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Who has said the loss of the big names isn't a loss?

So they’re not all has beens, journeymen and random golfers that nobody has ever heard of like they were a few days ago then?

Not saying you’ve claimed that, but it definitely has been stated on this thread numerous times.

Swango1980

Visit site
So they’re not all has beens, journeymen and random golfers that nobody has ever heard of like they were a few days ago then?

Not saying you’ve claimed that, but it definitely has been stated on this thread numerous times.
Selective memory again. Perhaps you need to be reminded that the LIV field is made up of:

• a small selection of quality golfers
  • A chunk of has beens
  • Many relatively awful golfers, nobodies
  • A selection of good youngsters, who may have potential, but we may never know because they are only up against generally very weak fields

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Selective memory again. Perhaps you need to be reminded that the LIV field is made up of:

• a small selection of quality golfers
  • A chunk of has beens
  • Many relatively awful golfers, nobodies
  • A selection of good youngsters, who may have potential, but we may never know because they are only up against generally very weak fields

A bloke in his 60’s has just shot an 89 in a PGA tour event…..

Swango1980

Visit site
A bloke in his 60’s has just shot an 89 in a PGA tour event…..
Great, comparing your beloved LIV to the Butterfield Bermuda Championship.

For the sake of balance, out of a field of 132, there appear to be 10 Sponsor Exemptions and 1 Commissioner's exemption, meaning 121 players have had to qualify by other means. I've personally no issues with having a limited number of invites in any competition, it gives a chance for the locals to see some local players for one. The guy in his 60's is from Bermuda I believe. I know nothing about him, but perhaps he is quite big in Bermuda.

Remind me, do LIV have around 121 players per event that have had to qualify without being invited?