LIV Golf

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
And, apart from 10 or 15 minutes of the first event, that is true. As I have said before. And that was only because I was at work, and it was easy to stick it on my screen. How many events have there been so far? That should make it pretty clear I'm not interested in LIV as a golf spectacle.

Where do I get my information? Well, this thread for a start. Most of it is absolute "rubbish", and simply opinion than based on any actual facts. Fair enough, everyone has their own opinions. But, it has allowed me to do a bit of fact checking every now and then. Plus, the odd article on BBC website, segment in Sky Sports News, etc. It should be abundantly clear that, when someone on this thread says they have no interest, the context is they have no interest in the golf. They don't mean the topic as whole, otherwise they wouldn't comment at all. As I've said before, I'm interested in the politics and the chaos of it. Not interested in a good way, I'd rather it didn't exist at all. But interested in how things will pan out, and it's impact on golf as a spectacle. So, when people say "you say you are not interested yet comment on here", it is really just cheap points scoring by conveniently ignoring the context of what people mean my "interest"

So you’re getting all your information from the BBC - who won’t even show the LIV results, just produce reports on the negative impact of LIV. Sky, who are contractually tied to the PGA and DP tours. And this forum, where you clearly have no interest in taking the views of the pro LIV posters.
It’s not exactly balanced, is it?

Swango1980

Visit site
So you’re getting all your information from the BBC - who won’t even show the LIV results, just produce reports on the negative impact of LIV. Sky, who are contractually tied to the PGA and DP tours. And this forum, where you clearly have no interest in taking the views of the pro LIV posters.
OMG. I say "Where do I get my information? Well, this thread for a start...Plus, the odd article on BBC website, segment in Sky Sports News, etc."

Mel Smooth replies "So you’re getting all your information from the BBC"

I'm sorry, but that is the most embarrassing, pathetic reply I've had in quite some time. It just goes to show Mel only reads what he wants, and twists it into some bizarre argument for his own side of the debate. It is no wonder this thread has gone on for so long. He simply ignores everything, thus repeats the same arguments, thus gets the same replies, makes the same arguments, etc.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I don't recall Swango saying he had no interest in LiV, simply that like me he has no interest in watching because he believes that it is damaging to the game of golf. This has been explained to you plenty of times, yet you appear to not understand it, or it is just another way the LiV bots try to put dissenting voices down.

You mean damaging to the established pro golf tours?

The “game of golf” won’t be affected one little bit by LIV.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
OMG. I say "Where do I get my information? Well, this thread for a start...Plus, the odd article on BBC website, segment in Sky Sports News, etc."

Mel Smooth replies "So you’re getting all your information from the BBC"

I'm sorry, but that is the most embarrassing, pathetic reply I've had in quite some time. It just goes to show Mel only reads what he wants, and twists it into some bizarre argument for his own side of the debate. It is no wonder this thread has gone on for so long. He simply ignores everything, thus repeats the same arguments, thus gets the same replies, makes the same arguments, etc.

Jesus man. That is the most tragic attempt at trying to misquote somebody ever!! ?

I literally listed all YOUR sources in the post and you’ve clipped the quote to try and mug me off.

Brilliant.
?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

And you are getting all of your information from Twitter LiV bots, LiV players and others associated with it. How biased do you think they are?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
And you are getting all of your information from Twitter LiV bots, LiV players and others associated with it. How biased do you think they are?

Am I?

I reply to lots of views to anti LIV posters on here, I often research related topics to try and get accurate information. I know I have a more balanced information resource than a lot of people I’m debating with on here, not everybody on Twitter is a LIV bot

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

@Mel Smooth

Everything you have posted on here it’s near enough a mirror image of what the LIV accounts on Twitter have posted - you’re normally a day behind them

The recent post in regards PGA China was a perfect example

This was the big LiV boy three days ago

it’s a regular occurrence- same with the major talk , ranking talk , it’s all the same as what’s posted on Twitter and it’s all from the same one sided LIV accounts

And when counter arguments to them are posted to debunk a number of their theories then it’s the same reaction you have - either ignore or try and deflect

There is nothing you have brought up that wasn’t brought up by them before

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site

Absolutely true. And applies equally to the hollow and disingenuous claim from GN and LIV, that a benefit of live would be 'growing the game'.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
@Mel Smooth

Everything you have posted on here it’s near enough a mirror image of what the LIV accounts on Twitter have posted - you’re normally a day behind them

it’s a regular occurrence- same with the major talk , ranking talk , it’s all the same as what’s posted on Twitter and it’s all from the same one sided LIV accounts

And when counter arguments to them are posted to debunk a number of their theories then it’s the same reaction you have - either ignore or try and deflect

As opposed to you constantly posting anti LIV Twitter posts ?

Christ, I can’t believe people are getting hung up on where some people “may” get their information from ?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
@Mel Smooth

Sorry Phil, I’ll see if I can go and find some inside info that absolutely nobody has released yet. Ffs. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

D

Deleted member 15344

As opposed to you constantly posting anti LIV Twitter posts ?

Christ, I can’t believe people are getting hung up on where some people “may” get their information from ?

Do I constantly post “anti Liv Twitter posts” on here

are you sure it’s “constantly”
Sorry Phil, I’ll see if I can go and find some inside info that absolutely nobody has released yet. Ffs. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

my post was in response to this

Am I?

I reply to lots of views to anti LIV posters on here, I often research related topics to try and get accurate information. I know I have a more balanced information resource than a lot of people I’m debating with on here, not everybody on Twitter is a LIV bot

For all the accusations you hand in regards people being biased etc you claim you have “balanced research” - which is imo clearly nonsense when that research is from a heavily Pro LIV bias social media accounts

If you are going to point fingers at people for being biased in their opinion at least have a large look in the mirror - we all know that you are very much Pro LiV and your angle is Pro LiV , mine angle is anti LIV , I don’t like it but I won’t hide it but at least lll try and stick to facts and do the checks first

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

For all the accusations you hand in regards people being biased etc you claim you have “balanced research” - which is imo clearly nonsense when that research is from a heavily Pro LIV bias social media accounts

If you are going to point fingers at people for being biased in their opinion at least have a large look in the mirror - we all know that you are very much Pro LiV and your angle is Pro LiV , mine angle is anti LIV , I don’t like it but I won’t hide it but at least lll try and stick to facts and do the checks first

Of course I’m pro LIV, why would I even try to deny it. But unless you have access to my internet history you have no idea where I get my information from.

I may well post with a slant on here, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t considered a lot of different views beforehand.

Anyway, who do you think will make the cut in the CJ cup this weekend. :ROFLMAO:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Of course I’m pro LIV, why would I even try to deny it. But unless you have access to my internet history you have no idea where I get my information from.

I may well post with a slant on here, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t considered a lot of different views beforehand.

Anyway, who do you think will make the cut in the CJ cup this weekend. :ROFLMAO:
Once again...banging on about an event that gets ranking points without a cut..
It's been explained several times how and why events like the CJ Cup can be given ranking points but you seem to choose to ignore those facts.
This is systematic of just about all the LIV BOTS and Pro-LIV posters on SM....

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

Ha ha, you knew what I meant.
It’s the whole cancel culture type slant in some posts as well, it’s subtle but it’s there.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Once again...banging on about an event that gets ranking points without a cut..
It's been explained several times how and why events like the CJ Cup can be given ranking points but you seem to choose to ignore those facts.
This is systematic of just about all the LIV BOTS and Pro-LIV posters on SM....

I know mate, I was being facetious. (y)

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site

No, I mean damaging to golf all told, yes mainly to the professional game but I also believe makes golf look completely obsessed with money going to players at the top which is not good for its overall reputation. Time will tell I guess.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
No, I mean damaging to golf all told, yes mainly to the professional game but I also believe makes golf look completely obsessed with money going to players at the top which is not good for its overall reputation. Time will tell I guess.

They’re elite sportsmen in their field, they should be able to earn on the same scale as any other top sportspeople. Right now, there’s question marks over whether that’s been the case.
I doubt too many people will resent them increasing their value, and if course, Saudi money is driving increased recognition in the ladies game, which is always welcome.