LIV Golf

D

Deleted member 15344

So you’re lining up a putt from behind the flag, your playing partner purposely walks in front of you and you don’t bat an eyelid?
Christ, I can’t wait for the next forum meet, I’ll do it to everyone and see how I fare ?

yes I wouldn’t have an issue with it - why would i ?‍♂️

I have no doubt that Scheffler is not attempting to do anything deliberately and also that it’s only news and been highlighted because of the current situation with Smith and LIV - it’s something that prob happens all the time

I thought the issue was Scheffler said something which made Smith look up ?‍♂️

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
You generally find, when people know they have lost the debate on the golfing argument, they’ll bring the ‘what about’ the source of the money in to try and divert the discussion.

Lost the debate ?

I wouldn’t bat an eyelid if someone walked in front of me when looking at a putt. Some of you are far too precious if things like this bother you.

It’s a none event that LiV supporters are making into a massive problem. Classic deflection.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lost the debate ?

I wouldn’t bat an eyelid if someone walked in front of me when looking at a putt. Some of you are far too precious if things like this bother you.

It’s a none event that LiV supporters are making into a massive problem. Classic deflection.

Aaah the old claiming deflection routine ?
I hope I get paired with you and LPL at a forum meet ???

Swango1980

Visit site
Such drama about a video clip a few seconds long, with most jumping to conclusions without knowing the context. Was he walking on his line, or not? Was their bad blood between the players throughout the round, or not?

I've never really been a fan of Scheffler, not because of anything he has done wrong, he just seems a bit boring. However, watched his press conference pre-tournament, and he actually has a bit more personality than I probably gave him credit for, and happy to share an opinion. The video clip is probably being taken way out of context. However, I've no issue if some players committed to the PGA are not the best fans with LIV players, or those about to potentially jump ship. Nice when players show a bit of character and how they feel. After all, it is an entertainment business and generates discussion (even when things are taken out of context). I'm sure if a player truly stepped out of line, then there would be consequences. If any player was deliberately walking on another players line, the press would start highlighting it, and if not already done, the PGA would have to act to deal with serious breaches of etiquette.

sunshine

Visit site
Made what up? It was trending all morning that Cam Smith and Leishman were going to LIV. There is also the chance he will be world number 1 by then.

Edit: oh, you read the “he said” part as Cam Smith saying it rather than people on Twitter saying “he and Leishman have signed”. Wording wasn’t great I agree but to start saying someone has made something up is a bit unreasonable. Looking at your posts though that seems to be your MO.

Well, you wrote Cam Smith said he had signed for Liv. And of course he's said nothing of the sort. But now you're clarifying that you were referring to the gossip trending on twitter and it was poor wording - ok that's great but how was I to know that this was unintententional?

You have to acknowledge that the debate on this thread has consistently been derailed and deflected by disinformation (from a very small number of posters), which has confused some people and caused them to form opinions based on dodgy views and lies. So I think we all have a duty to try and call out comments that aren't true (on both sides).

It's supposed to be a debate about the pros and cons of Liv, but actually this thread feels like a struggle to wade through spin and rumour.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
So you’re lining up a putt from behind the flag, your playing partner purposely walks in front of you and you don’t bat an eyelid?
Christ, I can’t wait for the next forum meet, I’ll do it to everyone and see how I fare ?
yes I wouldn’t have an issue with it - why would i ?‍♂️

♂️
Got to agree with Phil, walking across the actual line of the putt is different, but walking across your eyeline while surveying the putt? I've never seen anyone get precious about that.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
When I first saw the clip my first thought was that it was poor form from Sheffler, particularly because it was with Cam Smith and the PGAT/LIV divide, looked very petty and uncalled for, and I’m on the PGAT side of the debate. But now I know CS was reading his putt from the other side of the flag I can’t see the issue. Why on earth would you expect someone to walk around you rather than crossing your eye line for a split second?

Leftitshort

Visit site
Lost the debate ?

It’s outrageous behaviour & really puts chopping up someone with a bone saw & ruling over a modern day medieval serfdom in true context!!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Got to agree with Phil, walking across the actual line of the putt is different, but walking across your eyeline while surveying the putt? I've never seen anyone get precious about that.

I’m pretty sure going by some threads on here (the 3 minute timer thread) that some would get very precious ?
Back to the point though, it’s just poor etiquette, you can see by Cam Smiths reaction that he’s been an idiot. It’s something I’d expect a newbie golfer to do, a bit unsure where to stand so they just walk right in the way, for a pro to do it is just poor imo. Just to clarify though I do find it hilarious ?

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
It was more Smiths reaction that makes it 'funny' than anything Shuffler did - maybe walking in front of people and complaining about not getting the credit he feels he deserves can be his thing. The good thing if Smith leaves is that he'll stay no. 1.... (although, and I honestly don't know enough about it yet, the Strokes Gained World Rating ranking has McIlroy no.1 and seems from what I understand to be a better reflection of current form for completed 18 hole strokeplay rounds?)

And, is there a distinction now between 'direct' (bad) and 'indirect' (good/ acceptable) Saudi money?

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
And, is there a distinction now between 'direct' (bad) and 'indirect' (good/ acceptable) Saudi money?
Possibly, but it’s a complicated matter, as some have pointed out on here there are various scenarios to deal with, principally taking money from the Saudi government vs trading with Saudi companies, right down to individuals buying petrol and government arms sales.
My view is that it comes down to choice - The individual LIV golfers taking money from the Saudi government PIF know what they are doing and where the money comes from. Other sports have taken the money, these principally being team sports, although I suspect Lewis Hamilton would rather not race in the Kingdom but he is probably contracted to do so (would love it if he said No).
Buying petrol at Tesco, you have little choice, you don’t know if the product originated from Saudi.
Government Arms sales - no politics please.