Lift and Place all year round.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
And by the way next time on the European Tour they have preferred lies in a tournament please let them know what a bunch of useless Golfers they are and they should be like you hitting 7 irons out of divots onto the green.
I suspect they will have very little difficulty in hitting out of a divot hole.

Incidentally, divots don't present a problem as they are loose impediments.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
And by the way next time on the European Tour they have preferred lies in a tournament please let them know what a bunch of useless Golfers they are and they should be like you hitting 7 irons out of divots onto the green.

That's a massive jump from the majority on here not agreeing with your proposal that preferred lies should be allowed ALL YEAR! 🤣🤣 (and worryingly incorrect)

The Tour invoke it when conditions require it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ve removed one personal insult from this thread. No more please. Disagree with a post by all means, but personal insults are not on.
I've just checked back and realised you meant me but I didn't mean it that way at all. When I said "don't be stupid" to @BiMGuy I meant it precisely because I know he isn't stupid - we've discussed many topics and more often agree on things. Apologies to him and you if the context didn't work as it certainly wasn't meant as an insult. (I.e. it's not the same as saying you are stupid.) I don't think he would have taken it that way though. Perhaps I should have said 'dont be silly' instead. 🙂

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I've just checked back and realised you meant me but I didn't mean it that way at all. When I said "don't be stupid" to @BiMGuy I meant it precisely because I know he isn't stupid - we've discussed many topics and more often agree on things. Apologies to him and you if the context didn't work as it certainly wasn't meant as an insult. (I.e. it's not the same as saying you are stupid.) I don't think he would have taken it that way though. Perhaps I should have said 'dont be silly' instead. 🙂
No offence taken. It never even crossed my mind.

But telling me not to be stupid is like telling me not to breathe 🤣

Hope no infractions were handed out?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

I’m sure you understand I can’t second guess context, especially in written form, before regarding something as an insult. I could say to a mate “Don’t be such a (insert chosen word here)” face to face and it would be funny - were I to type that here it might look very different to a third party!

That is the problem with typed exchanges - the context can be lost. I appreciate your response. But what it does illustrate is that we all need to choose our words carefully, because others looking in may regard what you think is personal banter as an insult, just as I have done. And the forum guidelines do not allow it - never have as far as I’m aware.

D

Deleted member 1740

Should've just told him to shut up.;)

Grizzly

Visit site
Other sports are trying to remove bad luck from their sport , so why not golf.

My match play quarter final, I was stuck on the 45 degree downslope of a bunker because some idiot had thrown the rake there....I assume you're letting me choose where I play that from? Also, trees are 90% air, so when I hit one I should have the option of replaying the shot, right?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I suspect they will have very little difficulty in hitting out of a divot hole.

Incidentally, divots don't present a problem as they are loose impediments.
They do present a problem when one your mates throws one back when you are not lookingo_O

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Coincidentally I've just had the email from my club saying we start preferred lies from tomorrow. It's 22° and bone dry. 😁
We went to it last week. It might be bone dry late morning but I bet the early morning players have to contend with wet fairways from dew and grass sticking to the ball. It now just after 12 where I am and the grass in my garden is still soaking wet, particularly the part that is in the shade.

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
We went to it last week. It might be bone dry late morning but I bet the early morning players have to contend with wet fairways from dew and grass sticking to the ball. It now just after 12 where I am and the grass in my garden is still soaking wet, particularly the part that is in the shade.
Are you implying that a rain shower that wets the grass similarly should require preferred lies?
If so, best switch to indoor golf! 😎

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have just started a petition regarding the lift and place rule in golf. I would like to change the rules to allow golfers who hit good shots not to be penalised by rub of the green. I am fed up of hitting a ball down the middle of the fairway only to find it in a divot or covered in mud and there is nothing I can do about it. Other sports are trying to remove bad luck from their sport , so why not golf. My petition is on Change. org . https://chng.it/q77xY7SMGH. Please sign up if you think it's a .good idea. Await any constructive comments.

I’m ok we’re probably one of the only clubs allowed pick and place all year what’s more it’s one club length 😉

Must say though in all the years I’ve been playing when I’m down south I can only remember landing in a divot once.