Golf England

goldieds

Visit site
Hi All,

New member here, so please forgive me if this is in the wrong place / not allowed.
I'm attempting to petition England Golf to remove and install a new CEO in the hope of some better leadership and a co-ordinated response should we enter another lockdown next winter
I wont go over the arguments here - i'm sure you have all heard them 1000 times and like me are fed up and just desperate to get back out on the course again - but it's safe to say i believe Golf England's response this year has been woefully un coordinated and inadequete.
If you feel the same the petition is here http://chng.it/Hxqf8ZFQtF
If not i completely understand and thank you for reading this far

Dave

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

???

You do understand that it was the government that decided to keep golf closed not England golf

What did you expect the CEO to do - storm No10 and barricade himself to the desk

They provided all the evidence to government working groups but the government ignored it

Get a grip

D

Deleted Member 1156

What makes you think he isn't doing a good job? Just because courses have been closed doesn't mean he hasn't tried his hardest to convince the government to reverse their decision.

goldieds

Visit site
What makes you think he isn't doing a good job? Just because courses have been closed doesn't mean he hasn't tried his hardest to convince the government to reverse their decision.
Personally i feel that they were so busy blowing their own trumpet after the first lockdown they failed to prepare for any future lockdowns. The response was uncoordinated and haphazard.
Yes the government have been beligerent, but the Angling Trust have shown they are not beyond reason.
It might not have changed anything had the response been better, but had a campaign been planned in advance in the summer we may well have been on a level footing with fishing right now

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
You haven't a blooming clue what has been going on, have you?

Please provide the dates of the meetings you attended and saw him not being effective. Which of the interventions with the government were poorly crafted, and why? Which precise parts of the responses were uncoordinated? And, provide evidence of the lack of planning for future lockdowns.

Heck. We're all miffed about missing golf, but Jes was banging his head against the wall.

Government wasn't shifting on golf ahead of other stuff.

Last edited:

Scholesy

Visit site
Personally i feel that they were so busy blowing their own trumpet after the first lockdown they failed to prepare for any future lockdowns. The response was uncoordinated and haphazard.
Yes the government have been beligerent, but the Angling Trust have shown they are not beyond reason.
It might not have changed anything had the response been better, but had a campaign been planned in advance in the summer we may well have been on a level footing with fishing right now
codswallop ?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
So you think it's right to sack someone at the head of an organisation because you couldn't go out and play a game when many thousands were dying - just a little over the top eh?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Think it’s difficult to directly compare Angling with Golf.

Angling is a solitary pursuit, even if you go with a mate or 2, they are in different swims a way apart.

Whilst Golf can be solitary it is mostly played with other people,

If the Gov green lighted Golf, it would have to do the same to other sports

Yes we all think that we should have been allowed to play, but I don’t think England Golf could have done anything else, therefore, to my mind, the petition is without merit and I will not be signing it.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just looked at the petition - still only one signature - and it says “There is a realistic possibility of further restrictions being imposed this winter”. Given that the petition was started 14 hours ago, why is it referring to winter when we are now coming into spring? Leaving aside the question of whether England Golf did or did not perform well on this issue, the wording of petition is wrong/out of date.

Wildboy370

skiptongolfclub.co.uk
While the petition seems out of order and the reason for criticism on the wrong tack, can any one on here truly say England Golf have done a good job with regards WHS? I have been on various committees and the response from them was woeful. If we hadn’t had lock downs how much of a mess would we all have been playing under ? Thankfully for them we have had lock down and it seems they have resolved most of the issues. So I agree the closing of courses was out of their hands, but as for a lot of other things, boy have they messed up big style.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think the WHS implementation has been good. Sure it looks complicated, but it's really not. It's levelled out the differences between courses and to get this in place must have taken a huge amount of planning. It could have been a lot worse, but overall they've done a good job.

Plus their polo's shirts are, albeit expensive, well smart. I've got one. (y):D

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
2 have mow signed it. And no am not the second.

Bottom line I think it’s a rammel idea.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi All,

New member here, so please forgive me if this is in the wrong place / not allowed.
I'm attempting to petition England Golf to remove and install a new CEO in the hope of some better leadership and a co-ordinated response should we enter another lockdown next winter
I wont go over the arguments here - i'm sure you have all heard them 1000 times and like me are fed up and just desperate to get back out on the course again - but it's safe to say i believe Golf England's response this year has been woefully un coordinated and inadequete.
If you feel the same the petition is here http://chng.it/Hxqf8ZFQtF
If not i completely understand and thank you for reading this far

Dave
Embarrassing, I'll leave it there.