England Golf Affiliation Insurance

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If the concern over cover is that great, why not just arrange your own paid for cover. That way, you can rest easy in that regard.:)

LizAig

Visit site
I’ve got my own insurance - insuring my clubs was more on my mind then personal liability! EG paid cover is rubbish as your clubs have to be under 1,2 or 3 years for new for old cover depending on what level you buy. Also I leave my clubs in the car a lot and the only insurance I could find that covers clubs more then just driving to and from a club was Golf Plan

gridoutblack

Visit site
I’ve got my own insurance - insuring my clubs was more on my mind then personal liability! EG paid cover is rubbish as your clubs have to be under 1,2 or 3 years for new for old cover depending on what level you buy. Also I leave my clubs in the car a lot and the only insurance I could find that covers clubs more then just driving to and from a club was Golf Plan
That’s a great point, I leave my clubs in the car all the time.

gridoutblack

Visit site
If the concern over cover is that great, why not just arrange your own paid for cover. That way, you can rest easy in that regard.:)
Not wanting to sound rude but why pay for something twice? As a member of EG we have already paid an affiliation fee of which you get insurance included. Would you insure your car twice for peace of mind?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not wanting to sound rude but why pay for something twice? As a member of EG we have already paid an affiliation fee of which you get insurance included. Would you insure your car twice for peace of mind?
Because it comes with the insurance of my clubs, as per previous posts.
I've yet to find anything thats free be better than a paid for p[roduct:)

gridoutblack

Visit site
Because it comes with the insurance of my clubs, as per previous posts.
I've yet to find anything thats free be better than a paid for p[roduct:)
Not disagreeing with that, I’m only interested in public liability, which I have already under the one we have all paid for as part of our affiliation fee’s so I don’t think there would be any benefit from me paying again unless I also want my clubs insured. Cheers.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bit late to the party but negligence is a very grey area often decided by the courts /insurance company.

To give just one example - you know you often pull hook the ball and there is someone on an adjacent fairway or public pathway in a position where your ball might land if you were to pull hook the ball you could be considered to be negligent in playing your shot before they have moved to a safe place shouting "fore" is not considered a good warning particularly when it might involve a person who does not play golf and has no idea of what the shout is for (based upon a court decision).

gridoutblack

Visit site
Bit late to the party but negligence is a very grey area often decided by the courts /insurance company.

To give just one example - you know you often pull hook the ball and there is someone on an adjacent fairway or public pathway in a position where your ball might land if you were to pull hook the ball you could be considered to be negligent in playing your shot before they have moved to a safe place shouting "fore" is not considered a good warning particularly when it might involve a person who does not play golf and has no idea of what the shout is for (based upon a court decision).
Thank you for the reply, I think I understand it a lot more now. So in your example if the courts decide it to be negligent then a claim can be made against the person hitting that shot. And therefore by virtue of the fact it’s neglegent it would be covered by the 10m personal liability we all get included with the England golf insurance. And if the courts deem it to be not neglegent then there is simply no claim and therefore no need for insurance to be invoked. The confusion for me was around getting sued if you’ve not been neglegent (which I now know would not happen) and the need to pay for private insurance on top. Thank you. I am happy to remain covered only by England golf insurance as I am not worried about protecting my equipment or hole in one insurance etc (lll probably get one now in my next comp!! Or get my clubs stolen now I have written this).

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thank you for the reply, I think I understand it a lot more now. So in your example if the courts decide it to be negligent then a claim can be made against the person hitting that shot. And therefore by virtue of the fact it’s neglegent it would be covered by the 10m personal liability we all get included with the England golf insurance. And if the courts deem it to be not neglegent then there is simply no claim and therefore no need for insurance to be invoked. The confusion for me was around getting sued if you’ve not been neglegent (which I now know would not happen) and the need to pay for private insurance on top. Thank you. I am happy to remain covered only by England golf insurance as I am not worried about protecting my equipment or hole in one insurance etc (lll probably get one now in my next comp!! Or get my clubs stolen now I have written this).

The claim would have already been made if it is at the courts and I would expect an insurance company or other body to supply the necessary solicitors to deny any claim so it is important to notify them if you are being sued for injury and not take it on yourself to deal with it in any way, after all it them that are going to have to fork out the money.

The other area in which you would normally be covered is if you have house contents insurance which would also include cover for personal liability (for any claim not just golf).