England Golf and General Play Scores

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Just going back to this question of open organisers demanding x competitive scores amongst the last twenty, or the last year, or whatever.

When I look at my EG record, I can't see anything that indicates whether a score was from competition or general play. Is that a flag that only appears to competition administrators? Secondly, if I enter an individual open at a club other than my own, would that be flagged as a competition score? I enter lots of opens but very few of them are individual.

D

Deleted member 35504

Just going back to this question of open organisers demanding x competitive scores amongst the last twenty, or the last year, or whatever.

When I look at my EG record, I can't see anything that indicates whether a score was from competition or general play. Is that a flag that only appears to competition administrators? Secondly, if I enter an individual open at a club other than my own, would that be flagged as a competition score? I enter lots of opens but very few of them are individual.
When I look on IG under Rounds it either names the comp or says General Play Score.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

The Open organisers would have access to your record on the WHS Platform where there is simply a C or G against the result

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Would a score from an individual open have a C or a G against it?
They all show as C...... it's very much up to the Open organizers to put the work in to ensure it's a fair & honest Competition. All any H/cap system can do is provide the data for them to make use of when creating the Comps T's & C's as all of those worth entering are now doing.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Would a score from an individual open have a C or a G against it?

It should be a C.

Our County Winter Alliance officials realised that amateur scores should really be going into players' WHS records. However, as EG does not authorise Winter Alliance to run qualifiers, they made it a condition of entry that all amateurs pre-registered their round as GP with scores entered immediately after play and verified by the marker. So, although the round shows as G, it is in effect a C.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
It should be a C.

Our County Winter Alliance officials realised that amateur scores should really be going into players' WHS records. However, as EG does not authorise Winter Alliance to run qualifiers, they made it a condition of entry that all amateurs pre-registered their round as GP with scores entered immediately after play and verified by the marker. So, although the round shows as G, it is in effect a C.
Your handicap secretary can edit the rounds in the dotgolf back end system to show as a C if you really want them to. I guess they wouldnt be too keen on publicising this ability in case loads of golfers made this request!!