Insurance while playing abroad?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Am off to Spain for a few days golf next month. I've got an annual travel insurance policy as I've also got a few holidays lined up with the missus.

The annual policy (Admiral Platinum) excludes winter sports, but has no specific mention of golf.

Am I correct in assuming that a) any damage to my clubs is covered (the policy has £2.5k cover for "personal belongings") and b) any injury caused by me to a third party while golfing is also covered? (the policy has £3m legal liability cover)

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I would check it with them directly. Insurance companies have a habit of finding unique ways of not paying out!
Just phoned them up, they confirmed damage to or loss of clubs is covered under personal belongings.

I then asked about injury to a third party while playing golf. The agent I spoke with struggled to understand what I was asking, he kept going on about damage to my clubs when playing ... eventually the penny dropped (I think), he went off to check and then said it wasn't covered.

However I've since went through the policy document in detail. Golf is on the list of sports covered and includes personal accident and legal liability cover - there is a separate list of sports where this is not included e.g go-karting, fencing and jet-ski. so I'm pretty confident I'm ok.

Captain_Black.

Visit site
How weird.
We are off to the Canaries next week playing golf.
Our Travel insurance is with Admiral as well (Platinum Multi Trip)
We checked our policy the other day & like you say, there is no mention of golf clubs.
We also have Golf insurance with Golf Care (Bronze) which only covers our clubs for theft / damage in the UK.
So we rang Golf Care & increased our cover to Gold (theft / damage Europe) for an extra £22.00 each
For worldwide cover with Golf Care you have to go to Platinum cover.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
If you’re playing in Spain you’d normally pay local insurance (usually within the green fee), unless you’re a member of the Spanish golf federation, which I’m guessing few on here would be.
This will cover you for 3rd party damage.