Golf England

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi All,

New member here, so please forgive me if this is in the wrong place / not allowed.
I'm attempting to petition England Golf to remove and install a new CEO in the hope of some better leadership and a co-ordinated response should we enter another lockdown next winter
I wont go over the arguments here - i'm sure you have all heard them 1000 times and like me are fed up and just desperate to get back out on the course again - but it's safe to say i believe Golf England's response this year has been woefully un coordinated and inadequete.
If you feel the same the petition is here http://chng.it/Hxqf8ZFQtF
If not i completely understand and thank you for reading this far

Dave

Do you actually have a shred of justification that the leadership was inadequate, or the response was uncoordinated? Or are you just miffed that they didn't get the outcome that you want?

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Wouldn't be surprised if it's one of our usual idiot trollers/fishermen trying their luck under another pseudonym. :rolleyes:

And yet people react!

Talk about going stir crazy...

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi All,

New member here, so please forgive me if this is in the wrong place / not allowed.
I'm attempting to petition England Golf to remove and install a new CEO in the hope of some better leadership and a co-ordinated response should we enter another lockdown next winter
I wont go over the arguments here - i'm sure you have all heard them 1000 times and like me are fed up and just desperate to get back out on the course again - but it's safe to say i believe Golf England's response this year has been woefully un coordinated and inadequete.
If you feel the same the petition is here http://chng.it/Hxqf8ZFQtF
If not i completely understand and thank you for reading this far

Dave

Do the people in the image that you have attached to your petition know that their image has been used? I assume they fully support you and are happy to be associated with your petition?

brickie

Medal Winner
Visit site
For what it's worth. I don't think the suspension of golf was ever about the safety of playing the game per se. I think it was more about the travel to and from courses and the distances involved. We are not all fortunate enough to live on the doorstep of our respective clubs. Where would you draw the line at non essential travel?
I may be wrong, just an opinion.

sunshine

Visit site
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
This is professional level trolling. I salute you sir.

What other polls have you got running? A petition to stop your wife serving sausage and mash for tea on a Monday?

sunshine

Visit site
To be fair to the OP, I've never really thought about the role of England Golf until recently. They've led the introduction of WHS and represented golf during the pandemic, and I think they've done a pretty poor job on both fronts.

It seems that EG is a small organisation that supports clubs by sharing good practice guidelines, and organises competitions. They were clearly not equipped to deal with WHS and should have got some outside support to project manage the process.

The COVID messaging has been weak and waffly, and the parliamentary debate on golf was an incoherent rambling mess (I watched it).

EG has been way out of its depth. There should be learning points. But these are two extraordinary events, and after this year it can go back to being a sleepy little organisation that plans minor amateur events.