Lady Captain

D

Deleted member 17920

Congratulations Louise.

Surely that’s not the reason you are doing it is for free golf ?

Some clubs in your home county will give you courtesy but anywhere else you might get a straight no.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Congrats. Shy bairns get nowt is the phrase used up here ?. Based on talking to a recent captain, Male, most clubs said yes, only the odd one said no. Probably best to stick to your own county though I suspect for most positive responses.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I remember back in 2014 when I was Captain we were having a club day out at Royal St.Georges. I asked the organiser if he would enquire about the possibility of granting me courtesy of the course and I would throw the green fee into the pot to reduce the cost that all the other players would incur.

Organiser rang up RSG maybe three weeks before we were due to play and was told that it wouldn't be possible as the committee wouldn't have time to sit to consider the matter!!

In 2016 I pitched up "unannounced" at a well regarded members club local to me, just on the off chance that I could get a round. I happened to be wearing my old Captains jumper and the pro noticed and promptly halved my green fee. That was the only time I ever benefited from my time as Captain in terms of getting a "freebie".

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Nice one Lou..
We haven't got a Lady Captain this year - something happened and she left a week before taking over.....
Not sure who's doing it all but the Ladies section is still running.

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Good evening Louise :)

my better half is due to be lady captain this year and has already been granted courtesy at Hill side and a heavily reduced rate at Southport and Ainsdale :)

Royal Birkdale also granted a free round but it would be over £180 for
me to join her so that is on the back burner at the moment :)

all she did was ring the club you would like to play at and ask if they offer courtesy, they will confirm if they do or not and normally ask for a letter from your club secretary confirming your lady captain :)

I hope this helps and you enjoy your vice captain year this year ??‍♂️?

sunshine

Visit site
Congratulations, and good luck.

I don't really understand why there are still separate captains these days for mean and women. I would have thought it makes more sense to have a single club captain. But then I don't really follow the club workings.

Big_G

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Good luck Louise with what you post on here it's fully deserved

Start my year as Club Captain in a couple of weeks, all getting a bit real now

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Congratulations - hope you survive the vice-captain year to enjoy the captaincy.

Always strikes me as ironic that the option to play elsewhere is given when you are expected to be fully committed to club activity.