Can a Lady be a Club captian of the mens section

sunshine

Visit site
We are struddlingto find a new captain for our clubs mens section,we've asked for nominations and a lady as put herself forward,can this be allowed by rules?

I think the OP was a wind up, possibly after a few drinks, but that doesn't matter because it's sparked a good debate.

Club captain is surely a social role? Doesn't matter if it's a man or woman. Doesn't make sense for the same person to captain all the different club teams, e.g. scratch, tigers, rabbits.

My club has a club captain who organises social events for the whole club. Wouldn't make sense to have a men's captain who organised men only events. Having said that we do have a Ladies' captain so I'm guessing maybe she does organise women only events :unsure:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think the OP was a wind up, possibly after a few drinks, but that doesn't matter because it's sparked a good debate.

Club captain is surely a social role? Doesn't matter if it's a man or woman. Doesn't make sense for the same person to captain all the different club teams, e.g. scratch, tigers, rabbits.

My club has a club captain who organises social events for the whole club. Wouldn't make sense to have a men's captain who organised men only events. Having said that we do have a Ladies' captain so I'm guessing maybe she does organise women only events :unsure:
Er I don't think he was on a wind up. We are struggling also. This years vices are a couple who, apparently, were captains when major work was done by seven Trent and the back nine were lost, so have been given the roles again because no one else wanted to do the job. In fact the ladies section is so small that many of the ladies have been captain of their section more than once.

sunshine

Visit site
Er I don't think he was on a wind up

Fair enough. Felt like a wind up to me when he asked a golf forum what was permitted in the rules of his club. Unless some of us are members / on the committee of his club. Plus all the spelling mistakes, didn't look serious.