Your Best Ever 'Money' Shot

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Did one in a match yesterday (though not for money…I don’t do any of that stuff other than my £1 in a rollup).

2nd hole - so early but crucial as giving a shot - was only giving opponent four overall so the shot on 2nd was important to him. He sticks his 3rd to maybe 8ft. I’m 70yds from green in two. He’s thinking best I can do is four, and me even getting that will be very tricky (given pin position and how fast the greens were running yesterday) and that he’ll have a putt for a four and a win, likely worst two putts for a half, but prob two for a win. And I holed my 70ydr for a three, a little linksy bump and run perfectly executed, leaving him the putt for a half. Misses it.

Tells me afterwards that my holing out as I did really was a blow, even that early on. Love matchplay (usually) 😍

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hit a lot of special shots in the 40+ years of playing but holing out for an eagle at Coulsdon Court for an eagle not long after starting with my dad watching will always be special especially he is no longer with us

BunkerPlayer

Visit site
Probably hit much better since but the first great shot I ever played sticks out... Long par 3 which I had hooked into thick trees... found the ball in the middle of them with my mate who was telling me to play out sideways, its probably always the right thing to do but as it was the last and he was 1 up I thought I might as well go for it...

In a terrible attempt at Seve's accent I said I see a gap, there was a gap / window of about 1.5 ft x 1.5 ft and I don't know how I managed to find it with a lob wedge, the ball came down with snow on it and landed a couple of ft from the pin. I loved the game before that but albeit jokingly calling exactly what I was going to do and then executing it felt amazing. Years on and I still say when I play with him and I am in the trees... "you know what mate... I have a gap"