Lady Captain

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nice one Lou..
We haven't got a Lady Captain this year - something happened and she left a week before taking over.....
Not sure who's doing it all but the Ladies section is still running.

Sounds a pretty typical Ladies Section to me :rolleyes:

Congrats Louise - or should that be commiserations ;) As for courtesy, as has been said, don't ask you don't get. It is hard to take advantage of it as you'll be tied up in club events but pick a few choice courses and go for it.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I just wonder what "Ye Old Boomer" made of that - USA and Britain divided by a common language.
?????
Must be an east Midlands thing. I thought the same when I posted it. A refreshing addition to the forum ( he is ) me finks.
Forum meet in new england for smiffy to arrange ??

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Well one Lou me duck.

?????????????????????????????

Several years ago, my daughter spent her third year of university in London. It gave me an excuse to visit there for the first time and I liked it very much.

A curious thing about language, though.
None of her new friends at school minded my daughter using American usage English.
She had a Japanese flat mate, however, and that young lady spoke American type English as a second language.
That's how they teach it in Japan, and that fact irritated the English kids a little bit.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Several years ago, my daughter spent her third year of university in London. It gave me an excuse to visit there for the first time and I liked it very much.

None of her new friends at school minded my daughter using American usage English.
She had a Japanese flat mate, however, and that young lady spoke American type English as a second language.
That's how they teach it in Japan, and that fact irritated the English kids a little bit.
I can’t see why most English people can’t speak a second language.
Did you get out and about the country ?
The rest is nothing like London.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I can’t see why most English people can’t speak a second language.
Did you get out and about the country ?
The rest is nothing like London.

Not really. I'm not a sight seeing type. I like theaters and restaurants and that type of thing. Being entertained.
Reminds me of when my wife dragged me off to see the Grand Canyon in Arizona. We left Las Vegas Boulevard, one of my favorite streets in all of America, to see what was essentially a giant hole in the ground. What a waste.

My wife and daughter wandered about the entire British Isles (including Ireland) on another visit, though. More their thing than mine.
I do know what you mean, though. Most of America is nothing like Manhattan or even little Boston. Come elections time, I somewhat wish that it was, but it isn't.
The interior is dreadful. We tend to call it "flyover country." Coastal america is where it's at unless you know how to herd cattle or drive a tractor. (Or vote bloody Republican.)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

To break it down into the Queens language.
Louise has been put forward as Lady captain next year. So I said to her congratulations Louise my love.
Lou is shortened Louise and “ me duck” is a term of affection in the East Midlands area.
Hope that helps YOB ( short for Ye Old Boomer) me duck. ??

re a Japanese person learning English an American way, not got a problem at at all. 2 things, 1, it’s better than my Japanese speaking in any dialect. 2, would love to hear a Japanese person speaking in an American twang.
back in the early eighties, I once heard an Asian guy talking English with a geordie accent. But with an Indian twang. ? Again better than my Indian language.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Not really. I'm not a sight seeing type. I like theaters and restaurants and that type of thing. Being entertained.
Reminds me of when my wife dragged me off to see the Grand Canyon in Arizona. We left Las Vegas Boulevard, one of my favorite streets in all of America, to see what was essentially a giant hole in the ground. What a waste.
You appear to have the exact opposite tastes to me, although I must admit to finding the Grand Canyon a bit of an anti-climax for the simple reason that it is TOO BIG. Places like Yosemite are more to my liking.

I once visited Las Vegas - everyone should do it once, because otherwise you simply couldn't believe that such a disgusting orgy of waste and decadence can possibly exist on the planet.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
To break it down into the Queens language.
Louise has been put forward as Lady captain next year. So I said to her congratulations Louise my love.
Lou is shortened Louise and “ me duck” is a term of affection in the East Midlands area.
Hope that helps YOB ( short for Ye Old Boomer) me duck. ??

re a Japanese person learning English an American way, not got a problem at at all. 2 things, 1, it’s better than my Japanese speaking in any dialect. 2, would love to hear a Japanese person speaking in an American twang.
back in the early eighties, I once heard an Asian guy talking English with a geordie accent. But with an Indian twang. ? Again better than my Indian language.

An American YOB on the forum , brilliant Tash :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: