Is my driver swing ok?

oakey22

Head Pro
Visit site
I seem to come off balance on my driver swing, i think it might be that i aint putting my weight on the heel of my front leg, i have a video of me teeing off here.
Any suggestions would be welcome as i cant really afford to have lessons at the moment with the baby due in 4 weeks :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb-Ud4LvITM

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
id widen your stance a touch, feet look quick close together, and the club looks like its tucked right into your body, maybe stand a little bit further away?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not an expert by any means but it looks to me like your weight is still predominantly on your back foot at impact.

The backswing looks ok to me, I just think you need to shift your weight towards your front foot on the downswing.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Also not an expert but I reckon your problem starts at the takeaway. There is a noticeable dip of the left shoulder which means that you are lowering your body (altering your height). Therefore when you come back with your downswing you look cramped and your body has to eventually lift again to create room for the club.

Try to start your takeaway without a dip of the left shoulder. It might be that you are straightening your right leg (in your backswing) which is raising your right side and hence tipping you over a bit on the left.

Losttheplot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You don't seem to turn through the ball with the body. It seems all arms and because you don't turn through it leaves the bodyweight back in the stance.

Try standing a little further away from the ball, lean towards it a touch more (which should flex your knees a little more to stabilise your balance) and turn the right hip towards the target on impact.
Don't throw your right hip at the target just turn through towards the target on impact. Hopefully that should help. It works for me but that's my individual swing but it is what I was taught to do.

lee_leggett

Head Pro
Visit site
few things worth lookint at....

Ball position, ( it seems a little far back in your stance)

Set Up, ( your knees look like they are bent inwards at the knees.

Take away, (your move with your hands first then the arms and sholders, you should try and move them all as one.

The swing, (i have seen this a few times, it looks like you pulled that shot, as there is very little arm extension as the left arm is still bend at impact, also your weight is still on your right hand side.) Try and work on feeling he weight shift to the right and try and extend your arms.

Good luck and keep us posted.