More swing videos! Tell me why I'm so trash!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
On the range or on the course?

I’d definitely recommend limiting trying new things for the first time on the course as much as possible, unless you want to feel like throwing your clubs in a pond.
Well what I was doing last week on the course was fatting it 80 yards, so I certainly don't want to stick with that. :LOL:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anyone else going out this weekend and going to be leaning on their left side for the first few holes? Almost rude not to try it after all of the people lining up to suggest it 😄

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone else going out this weekend and going to be leaning on their left side for the first few holes? Almost rude not to try it after all of the people lining up to suggest it 😄
I really need to get there half an hour before tee-time and have a go in the nets. I have been saying this every week since the dawn of time though and it never happens, especially with a baby at home and a wife who doesn't want to get out of bed.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I really need to get there half an hour before tee-time and have a go in the nets. I have been saying this every week since the dawn of time though and it never happens, especially with a baby at home and a wife who doesn't want to get out of bed.
I used to be quite good at being there 15 minutes before and having a few whacks in a net, can't be bothered with a full range hit as I might use up my good shots there. That has drifted and so my tee shot is usually my first of the day. I need to get back to hitting a few in the net again. It helps to get the timing going, rhythm etc. It's good habit to have, even if it only 5-10 whacks.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I used to be quite good at being there 15 minutes before and having a few whacks in a net, can't be bothered with a full range hit as I might use up my good shots there. That has drifted and so my tee shot is usually my first of the day. I need to get back to hitting a few in the net again. It helps to get the timing going, rhythm etc. It's good habit to have, even if it only 5-10 whacks.
I haven't done it in so long, and then wonder why I get three doubles in the first four holes.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Jeez, I know everyone has different circumstances but even for a no-card social round with a mate/wife, I'll get to the club an hour before to hit a few dozen on the practice range, putting etc

(actually that probably paints me in quite a negative light :p )

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Jeez, I know everyone has different circumstances but even for a no-card social round with a mate/wife, I'll get to the club an hour before to hit a few dozen on the practice range, putting etc

Didn't like to say it myself, but ..........:whistle: :LOL:

I don't have the commitment to golf for that. I like to play well, at my level, but my aims are not that high 🤷‍♀️

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Didn't like to say it myself, but ..........:whistle: :LOL:

I don't have the commitment to golf for that. I like to play well, at my level, but my aims are not that high 🤷‍♀️

I think I just prefer being at the club more than sitting at home waiting to go to the club/going shopping/doing chores etc etc etc I have a very shallow pool of interests

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

I would estimate that you are the minority on that. I'd estimate more than half of people don't have the time or a strong enough inclination to arrive that early. On a normal week I'll just have enough time to nip to Wenzel's on the way and get a sausage and bacon roll, and 6 or 7 putts on the practise green before teeing off.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think I just prefer being at the club more than sitting at home waiting to go to the club/going shopping/doing chores etc etc etc I have a very shallow pool of interests
Out of interest, what sort of time do you usually play? I tend to have earlyish tee times, 8.15-9am is the target, and so I am not hanging around much at home in the morning before I need to set off. Saying that, if I play in the afternoon, I am still not getting there an hour early 🤷‍♀️ . It's just you are used to doing.

@Orikoru I reckon 10% at best do a proper warm up / practice. Even that might be optimistic.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm probably quite lucky here, we do a shotgun start at 8 "ish" every Sunday, but you need to have signed in by 7:15, so I will always have time to have a decent warm up if I want. The tricky bit for me is sneaking out of the house and not waking the Mrs or Sophia up.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Out of interest, what sort of time do you usually play? I tend to have earlyish tee times, 8.15-9am is the target, and so I am not hanging around much at home in the morning before I need to set off. Saying that, if I play in the afternoon, I am still not getting there an hour early 🤷‍♀️ . It's just you are used to doing.

@Orikoru I reckon 10% at best do a proper warm up / practice. Even that might be optimistic.

Varies quite a bit due to tee-time availability, social games will be as early as 7am through to 2pm. Most games are AM though but I'm an early riser so still thumb twiddling even if I've got early tee time (& the clubhouse/range etc all opens up about 6am ish)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I finally managed it today. Hit ten or so shots in the nets with a couple of different clubs. Made not a blind bit of difference, still an absolutely awful front nine. 😆

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I finally managed it today. Hit ten or so shots in the nets with a couple of different clubs. Made not a blind bit of difference, still an absolutely awful front nine. 😆
10 total? That’s really not that many swings to get properly warmed up. It’s the equivalent of turning up on a Sunday morning, drinking a can of monster, doing a couple of lunges and wondering why your hamstrings have gone pop 🤣

HeftyHacker

Visit site
10 total? That’s really not that many swings to get properly warmed up. It’s the equivalent of turning up on a Sunday morning, drinking a can of monster, doing a couple of lunges and wondering why your hamstrings have gone pop 🤣

Are you trying to tell me this isn't adequate preparation for any sports participation?! 😳

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
About ten or twelve 8 irons followed eight or so hybrids. Around 15 minutes worth, before heading to the putting green. I wouldn't want to hit loads of balls into a net anyway as you might have just honed in a perfect slice without realising. It's just hitting a few so the first tee shot isn't your first swing of the day. 🤷🏻‍♂️

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
About ten or twelve 8 irons followed eight or so hybrids. Around 15 minutes worth, before heading to the putting green. I wouldn't want to hit loads of balls into a net anyway as you might have just honed in a perfect slice without realising. It's just hitting a few so the first tee shot isn't your first swing of the day. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I take a different view of hitting into a net.
I like it as all I am concerned about is the quality of strike. I pick a spot on the net and try to hit it.

If I go on the range before a round and hit it all over it freaks me out.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hit a bucket of 20 max been known to warm up with 5 balls.. use one of those path mats for swing check then a few into a net and then a couple down the range .. lots of stretching though especially the legs, calf’s, hamstrings and those ones up the inside top of your legs .. then the back is fine and I can get up from the sofa