Non-scratch player--bagging a driving iron?

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I like the gentleman because, among other things, he has so many older friends around my age!
My own Boston accent has caused people difficulty in various places.
Not usually in the UK, though, although I've never had the pleasure of visiting up north there.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I like the gentleman because, among other things, he has so many older friends around my age!
My own Boston accent has caused people difficulty in various places.
Not usually in the UK, though, although I've never had the pleasure of visiting up north there.
Why did no one on Cheers have a Boston accent?

To us Brits, people from Boston sound just like folk from Northampton. Wide "A" vowels and no "R" sound at the end of words like "car".
Not an unpleasant accent, though.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Why did no one on Cheers have a Boston accent?

To us Brits, people from Boston sound just like folk from Northampton. Wide "A" vowels and no "R" sound at the end of words like "car".
Not an unpleasant accent, though.
The mailman tried to affect one but was horrible at it.
None of the other characters even tried.

American actors in general are not nearly as good as British actors with accents.
Most aren't great with American regional accents other than their own.
One can always tell.

I noticed that decades ago.
We've had English actors on weekly serial shows doing various regional American accents,
and they'd be on years before I found out that they were English.

There's one Scottish actor--I forget his name--whom I can barely understand when he speaks in his natural voice
but who speaks in American accents so well, it's incredible. One would never know.
Catherine Zeta Jones is Welsh, I believe, but living in America, she speaks a neutral American accent all the time as an adopted natural voice.