My games falling apart

TigerTime

Visit site
Yeah I feel this atm.

4 years and I'm garbage. 5 years of playing *** golf and not really improving that much (yes I've done/doing lessons etc etc). I'm probably at my limit, and it's not really as enjoyable when you are stagnating and not improving unfortunately.

I don't know what to do. Might just go Bryson myself at the gym and hit bombs for the banter.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A good
I use orange tees so tee hight is fine. Ball position stance all that stuffs fine. I think it’s just a sway backwards and don’t get back.
It’s so frustrating on practice swings im in all the right positions.
When I do hit the ball I have a in to out swing path 100% of the time and hit up on the ball 100% of the time.
The pro said it should be a easy fix but im just not getting it.
It’s got to the point now I don’t even feel comfortable swinging my driver at full speed hitting a ball. I can go full out on a practice swing no problem.
Maybe not the most popular answer but if you really aren't getting it with the pro ask them to explain it differently or ultimately speak to another pro and see if they can connect better with you. I think the more you stand on the course and think "don't sway" the more prominent it will be in your mind and your body will react and do exactly what you are asking it not to

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is swaying the issue? Assuming you are getting a multitude of different shot shapes and connections?

If that’s the case do the half swing feet together drill and then keep widening until the contacts become rubbish.

Swaying is an issue that I am always concerned about. So I do the drill I mentioned and then I look at how I start my swing. So I think about moving to my closest the hole foot as I take the club back .. if that makes sense. The step drill is one that helps this and also the pause at the top.

Pausing at the top is hard because you start thinking where do I go from here.. but a slow back swing in my case helps because it’s just helps the sequencing..

Just have a go see what happens and if the strike improves then work on the direction.. which is where I am now

HPIMG

Visit site
I had a follow up lesson the other day.I Still sway off the ball, I’m swaying onto my heels and by impact my head is maybe 8/10 inches away from starting position resulting in horrible tow strikes.
It only shows up in driver and 3 wood. Until yesterday I started to hit the hybrid out the toe and even the odd iron.
The pro has told he what’s wrong and gave me a drill. I can do the drill no problem but feel as if this toe problem is getting worse.
It’s completely killing my game. I hit two 5 iron tee shots yesterday on a hole. One out the toe and one middled and the difference was about 80 yards.
I really need to fix this and pros now away on holiday.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Still struggling with short game but on the plus side a very good bunker session. Too many swing thoughts and game not where I need it for seniors club champs on Monday but that has lowered expectation which may be a good thing

sunshine

Visit site
I’d recommend giving up golf. Even better, don’t take it up in the first place. It will save you a world of pain.
Instead, spend your money on cocaine and hookers. It will work out significantly cheaper and lead to fewer arguments with the wife.