if you could change one thing at your course, what would it be?

car.crash

Assistant Pro
Visit site
More underground pipes to get rid of the water. Some parts of the ground are like a swamp and a simple ditch would help a lot.

mcbroon

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd flatten the green on our 18th a bit. It's already tough - 230yd uphill par 3, OOB all the way along the right - but the green has some pretty severe slopes on it. If you miss the green, which is easily done, getting your second close can be very difficult, depending on pin position.

Not likely to be a popular view around my place, as the 18th is our signature hole, but in my opinion it makes the hole almost unfair for club golfers.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
My course needs to improve the drainage at the top end. I would also look to lengthening one of the par 4s on the middle 9 to a par 5 as it is not reachable in 2 by a long way for most and there are no par 5s on that loop. Other than that I am pretty happy with the course as is.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I'd flatten the green on our 18th a bit. It's already tough - 230yd uphill par 3, OOB all the way along the right - but the green has some pretty severe slopes on it. If you miss the green, which is easily done, getting your second close can be very difficult, depending on pin position.

Not likely to be a popular view around my place, as the 18th is our signature hole, but in my opinion it makes the hole almost unfair for club golfers.

looks a nice course :thup:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Our Steward :)

No seriously - our bunkers really need sorting. We're in the middle of a re-building programme and there is just too much sand in our new ones. Beautiful to look at but hellish difficult to get out of with any sort of control. We're told to chnage our approach to playing bunker shots when in one of the new ones - hit much flatter to almost 'skim' the ball out rather than splash it out. But it is soooo easy to thin your bunker shot - with one of two results. Ball plugged (buried) almost invisible and unplayable in deep sand up the face of the bunker - or ball bothering players on an adjacent tee or fairway.

Otherwise our track is excellent - and I love it.

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
Improved drainage by our 5th green which is right next to the lake but about 6 feet above the highest water level. It's as simple as digging a ditch about 10 feet away. Could do with some sand in the gravel traps I mean bunkers!

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looks like we could do with a little bit of drainage work maybe it's the "Summer" we've had! Apparently it used to be really wet during the winter despite the side-of-a-hill location but recent/ongoing drainage work has made the course playable almost year round. Other than that the rose tinted glasses are still on!

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
Proper drainage work needed at my place. With big drainage pipe that won't fill up with silt. Lots of natural streams and a few ponds to take the water away but those could also with being dug/cleared out.
Owner has a but of an obsession with wildlife and thinks clearing areas will mess up the natural ecosystem. Barmpot lol

D

Deleted Member 1156

We brought in an online booking system about a year ago, I hate it. Absolutely no need for it at a private members club, I would love to bin it.

Apart from that nothing else too serious, course has been in fantastic condition this year so guess the members are pretty happy.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
WOuld like a little more definition and a few more hazards around some of our greens (weve also just had a booking system installed and would happily see it gone just as quick!)

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
When I land in one I'm not a fan of our bunkers, however, I tend to aim for the middle/back of the green so my duff shots come up way short and my good shots generally clear them. So on the basis I visit on average probably less than one bunker a round I'd probably focus my attention on the part of the course I want to hit from more frequently. I'd love to have fairways, semi rough and rough like 'Stunningdale' . That picture in this year's Calendar is awesome. A nice luxurious Axminster style fairway to hit off is my idea of golfing heaven!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Flattening out some of the silly slopes on the greens.

Course was laid out on the cheap about 35 years ago and no green contouring was undertaken, they were just mown into the field so some have some severe slopes from one side to the other with no flat areas.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Wish we had a practice putting green.:( It gets no sun, and refuses to grow. Waited about two years for it to open, and then it gets some disease and is closed for another year. Can you get artifical greens that are any good ? If not we may as well move the first tee back, and ditch the putting green completely.

Half way hut is not great at the moment either. Wish it would provide the same food we get in the clubhouse, where you can get superb bacon and sausage sandwiches, rolls etc.:thup:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Our Steward :)

No seriously - our bunkers really need sorting. We're in the middle of a re-building programme and there is just too much sand in our new ones. Beautiful to look at but hellish difficult to get out of with any sort of control. We're told to chnage our approach to playing bunker shots when in one of the new ones - hit much flatter to almost 'skim' the ball out rather than splash it out. But it is soooo easy to thin your bunker shot - with one of two results. Ball plugged (buried) almost invisible and unplayable in deep sand up the face of the bunker - or ball bothering players on an adjacent tee or fairway.

Otherwise our track is excellent - and I love it.

Have the JCB's gone from right of the 5th green ? :eek:

Must admit I was very disappointed with the condition when I played two years ago, but hopefully it has improved. When I joined in 1978 the course was immaculate, and had the best greens around. It also had a lot more trees.:)

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
If I was forced to pick just 1 thing, then it would be DRAINAGE to make it more playable for more of the year

If I had more choices, it would be
2) Some Level tee boxes, think theyve buried a couple of elephants under some.....
3) The same sand in all the bunkers, reckon we got 2 or 3 different types, and the same amount in each would be a Bonus too