How much would you pay for an Open Competition?

D

Deleted member 15344

Ill pay whatever I deem to be good value

Have paid £100 for opens at great venues and it’s worth it , played Woodhall a number of times at great value around £60 , RND around £30 , Burnham and Berrow - £50

It all depends on the course and what you are getting - £100 for Hillside is decent value when compared to green tees

gazzadi

Medal Winner
Visit site
i played in the very first hillside 4 man team event in 2000 and the price was 17.50 a man.that is inflation, however the prize fund is still the same!!

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Clearly it's all relative. Proximity to normal green fee is the key.....take the mick, and folk won' t go. One exception is charity days where the lines blur because of the find raising. I go to days organised by DEBRA, not cheap, up great courses and a smashing charity - days are superbly run too!

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The most I have paid so far is £15 for an open at the Glen. Don't tend to play that many opens but would probs go as far as £50 for one, but would depend on the course and how much I wanted to play the course.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Opens at Woburn and the Grove both at £115 a head this year, thats without looking at some of the externally organised ones (think i saw a 36 holes one at Woburn at over £300 advertised earlier this year and there will be some that are higher)

Played the Woburn pairs one a few years ago at £75 a head and was cracking value

Supply and demand, but Opens seem to have a different focus down south to some further North and in Scotland!

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If you dont like what they charge don’t enter. Plenty of people who will enter.

It’s totally irrelevant what they take on the day, are they are a charity? No they are a business.

Its still a bargain and less than a green fee. Like you say if you want a bargain go north.

We are lucky we have opens to enter to play cheap competitive golf, have a look down south and see that you don’t get any decent courses as opens at good value.
Cannot recall writing I do not like what they charge. Can you?

Cannot recall having any objections about them taking £15000 in a day if full. Can you? Merely I was pointing out that that is what some clubs earn in a year

People very easily draw conclusions on here.

Hopefully I will be playing Hillside again next year and really looking forward to the experience for the 4th time.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Cannot recall writing I do not like what they charge. Can you?

Cannot recall having any objections about them taking £15000 in a day if full. Can you? Merely I was pointing out that that is what some clubs earn in a year

People very easily draw conclusions on here.

Hopefully I will be playing Hillside again next year and really looking forward to the experience for the 4th time.

That's him told! :ROFLMAO:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
£100 for The Islay Open at the Machrie. 36 hole open over two days including a third practice round on the Friday if you wanted. Shame I used up all my best golf in the practice round !
Yeah 9hrs, 3 ferries & yer still in the UK..... 3 rounds for £100 on a course that's just jumped into the top 100 list.... some value is that.... + memories from a very special place that's unknown to most English none-whisky-drinkers... haha!! That's the Western Isles