Have you ever got lost

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Not that I can remember personally but it used to happen a lot at Whipsnade
The 2nd green is between the 3rd and 16th tees, the 3rd being behind some trees.
There is a sign but its in such a daft place and so small its very easy to miss.
The other spot is from the 4th to the 5th.
A very general sign that kind of points the way but you have to go around the 15th tee to get to it....'nuff said.

I recall we had some issues at Collingtree Park, Northampton although I don’t think we played any holes out of order

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
On my home course you have to walk past the 13th tee to get from the 10th green to the 11th tee. Many a time I have seen visitors going straight form 10 to 13, even though there are signposts along the paths.

Diamond

Visit site
Played a course on Wednesday, same yardage as my home course, and I walked 4000 steps more! The distance between the green and next tee was ridiculous and the signage ranged from adequate to non existent.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Played Coombe Wood this week. Pretty sure I would have got lost if hadn't been with a member. Even the entry to the Car Park has no entry signs on it.... (if you've been, you'll know what I mean!) I only went in after a couple of passes looking for the Entry and thought, nuts to this I am parking!

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Never got lost but remember playing Laleham and thinking 'this can't be right we have played this hole before. [Two or three times :eek:]

I had to search around for the 18th tee at Girvan the first time I played it. Found it stuck behind a load of trees.