Tash v Slab

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
So a few months ago Missis T books another holiday. And as part of that I thought I would contact a forum member and see if he fancies a game. He did and Tuesday morning Tash rocks up at Mont Choisy to meet up with Slab for a “ knock”. Driving up the drive to the club house one could not help but think “ bloody hell”. It looked gorgeous. After having a hug off Slab aka Alan. We had 20 mins in the range. The putting green was sublime.
As we got to the tee at 11.00 we were joined by a Frenchman called Frank. Who became known as Frenchie Frank. Wel he did after the fourth hole coz we forgot his name. Anyway it became obvious after the first drive he was the best of us three. The fairways were a thing of beauty. The greens were something else. On a par five I knobbed me drive. Frank promptly found it, I knobbed me second. Creamed a 3 wood, then promptly creamed a five iron to 18”. An easy tap in for a par. Well it would have been but frenchie Frank had found the wrong ball. I coulda cried. The holes were fantastic. I parred 3 or four as did Alan. He was astonished where some of his drives were. He was playing parts of the course he had never walked on. I think I inspired him. 😉
One of the par threes is 100 yards island hole. Two of my balls are in there and three of frenchie franks. It is gorgeous. We talked rammel Like you could not imagine. It was one of if not the best round of golf I have played. And you know what I never even marked my card. The course the company was just perfect. Anyone who plays golf just for a score is seriously missing a point.
Saying thanks to Alan at the end seemed a rammel way of saying well thanks, it truly was a memorable day in Mauritius on a world class course.
Cheers Slab me man. 😘 I owe you one.
Now where’s me crocs and speedos for the pool.

Attachments

• cac19d7a-e0fe-4bd3-9365-cc9b68c7296d.jpeg
    cac19d7a-e0fe-4bd3-9365-cc9b68c7296d.jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
It was a treat to play with one of the forums larger than life personalities after having to take a raincheck 7 or so years ago on his list visit

We faced typical winter weather with the temp barely reaching a level I could keep my joints mobile but I battled through

Between Frank, Tashy and I, Frank spoke the better English and he was able to translate for the group (what the heck is a 'yard' anyway! )

A very memorable round (maybe not for Frank) as a simple tale unfolded of Tashy meets a beat up, well used Ping 10.5 degree rental driver and forms a somewhat unhealthy attachment to it from their first meeting on the range

The water round the island green sits a tad higher with the displacement after the group played through but didn't dampen the day (not for me anyway since I hit the green😂)

Great way to spend the day and I'm glad Tashy could wrench himself away from his pool lounger to meet up 👍

Until the next time mate...

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
If my game was in any shape then I would have looked for a game when I was out there in May. Instead I stuck to a hard roster of extensive rum sampling. May be heading back there next year so you never know, I may get the chance.

Where are you staying Tashy, so far I have stayed at the Shandranee in the South and at Lagoon Attitude at the other extreme in the North.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Staying at
If my game was in any shape then I would have looked for a game when I was out there in May. Instead I stuck to a hard roster of extensive rum sampling. May be heading back there next year so you never know, I may get the chance.

Where are you staying Tashy, so far I have stayed at the Shandranee in the South and at Lagoon Attitude at the other extreme in the North.
Staying at Laguna beach next door to Anahita. It’s ok but was only ever going to be a base. Got a car for 7 days and after 4 days have seen loads. If I came back I would stay Grand Baie area. Bought my Chamarel XO yesterday from the factory. There was rum tasting there. Guess who was driving. 😖
The driving out here is er
“ unique”. Chuffed we have a car as others in the hotel have cabin fever. Looked to play at Anahita but they wanted £350 for me and a lovely guy from Scotland. It’s set off his asthma when i told him the price. 😂😂👍
Went to Eureka house today and treked to 3 out of 4 waterfalls, simply stunning.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Staying at

Staying at Laguna beach next door to Anahita. It’s ok but was only ever going to be a base. Got a car for 7 days and after 4 days have seen loads. If I came back I would stay Grand Baie area. Bought my Chamarel XO yesterday from the factory. There was rum tasting there. Guess who was driving. 😖
The driving out here is er
“ unique”. Chuffed we have a car as others in the hotel have cabin fever. Looked to play at Anahita but they wanted £350 for me and a lovely guy from Scotland. It’s set off his asthma when i told him the price. 😂😂👍
Went to Eureka house today and treked to 3 out of 4 waterfalls, simply stunning.

I am looking at Grand Baie as an option as well.

Cannot believe that you got lumped with driving to Chamarel. We only bought the 6 bottles of rum there. Think we ended up with the double distilled white, couple of bottle of spiced, couple of bottle of vanilla, bottle of tangerine and I think it was the 5 year old. 2 of them did not make it home and had to be replaced at the airport.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I am looking at Grand Baie as an option as well.

Cannot believe that you got lumped with driving to Chamarel. We only bought the 6 bottles of rum there. Think we ended up with the double distilled white, couple of bottle of spiced, couple of bottle of vanilla, bottle of tangerine and I think it was the 5 year old. 2 of them did not make it home and had to be replaced at the airport.
6 😳😁, the spiced one they said was a Christmas rum. I started singing jingle bells. Honest. The vanilla rum was gorgeous. I did some searching and the 6 yr old XO came out very well. That the one they use for a base for the extra special expensive runs. I couldn’t do a review of the golf the day I played with slab coz I was shattered when I got back. Missis T was having a drink with two couples. I ended up a mess on phoenix beers and Rum and cokes. Yesterday was Coca Cola day. 😁👍
I was gutted with le Morne. On the Google maps and photos it looks immense but driving down you see the golf course but the west coast is just a wall with the hotels the other side. I suppose from the hotels the mountain etc looks immense.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
6 😳😁, the spiced one they said was a Christmas rum. I started singing jingle bells. Honest. The vanilla rum was gorgeous. I did some searching and the 6 yr old XO came out very well. That the one they use for a base for the extra special expensive runs. I couldn’t do a review of the golf the day I played with slab coz I was shattered when I got back. Missis T was having a drink with two couples. I ended up a mess on phoenix beers and Rum and cokes. Yesterday was Coca Cola day. 😁👍
I was gutted with le Morne. On the Google maps and photos it looks immense but driving down you see the golf course but the west coast is just a wall with the hotels the other side. I suppose from the hotels the mountain etc looks immense.

Yeah it was about day 3 when I checked the percentage on the red label phoenix and wondered why I was sleepy in the afternoon.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
@Tashyboy
If we didn't play at mont choisy I'd have got us into a roll up that plays every week at anahita as our 2nd choice
(I have a pairs matchplay at anahita this weekend as it happens) 🤞

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
@GB72
Now that the North has a decent course its become another option with golfers, as they can do all the other stuff tourists do which the North is good for but don't have to travel far to fit in a game or two as well

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
@GB72
Now that the North has a decent course its become another option with golfers, as they can do all the other stuff tourists do which the North is good for but don't have to travel far to fit in a game or two as well

Please tell me that the courses have half way huts with roti (preferably lamb curry).

Tashyboy

Visit site
@Tashyboy
If we didn't play at mont choisy I'd have got us into a roll up that plays every week at anahita as our 2nd choice
(I have a pairs matchplay at anahita this weekend as it happens) 🤞
Just had a rattle with another guy who played il au cerf a few days ago. He enquired re Anahita and said exactly the same. £175 is too much. He loved il au cerf.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Just had a rattle with another guy who played il au cerf a few days ago. He enquired re Anahita and said exactly the same. £175 is too much. He loved il au cerf.

Shame. Although that's about the going rate for non-residents or if it's not in your holiday package and actually it's not really gone up in the last few years either. I remember someone paying that about 8 years ago

Tashyboy

Visit site
Shame. Although that's about the going rate for non-residents or if it's not in your holiday package and actually it's not really gone up in the last few years either. I remember someone paying that about 8 years ago
I have to say I played it twice last time I was here and loved it and probably paid that. The problem is that folk don’t know their world class clubhouse, fairways greens the lot.
The three course I have played in Mauritius are deffo in my top five and Mont Choisy is number one. 👍

Tashyboy

Visit site
Did three out of the four waterfalls at eureka today. Christ me butt cheeks are solid walking up and down there.
Ave. A litre of flying dodo lager to share with an ex squaddie who is going home tomorrow.