Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thank you, I appreciate that! The part in bold is definitely the main one I think right now, my tee shot on the 15th yesterday was due to me being too aggressive with my club selection and that was definitely the case at H4H too on a few holes were I took driver and really shouldn't have.
You didn't really need to hit driver on the 12th at Woburn, but you got away with that one in the end. Although we can't say anymore about that... 🙊

sjw

Visit site
On the flip side of my irritations post about Sky apologising for language, I'm going to add the hot mics to this thread. Great entertainment so far today! 😆

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My local driving range has finally replaced all their mats (some of which were torn up with holes in!). If only they'd get some new balls in too to replace the ones that are so old the dimples have worn down and they drop out of the sky. 😂

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My local driving range has finally replaced all their mats (some of which were torn up with holes in!). If only they'd get some new balls in too to replace the ones that are so old the dimples have worn down and they drop out of the sky. 😂
My local range did get new balls (30,000) and yet within 2 months some are cut or shredded. Must be the ball picking machine

sunshine

Visit site
I really don't get this guy. Has all the skills to be a modern-day peak Bubba Watson, yet he's knobbing about on social media instead of playing pro. I have to believe it takes like 50 takes per video for him to get these results. :LOL:

A huge part of tournament golf is in the head. Can he play the shots on Sunday afternoon when he's in contention? You said yourself that you flush every shot on the range

Swango1980

Visit site
I really don't get this guy. Has all the skills to be a modern-day peak Bubba Watson, yet he's knobbing about on social media instead of playing pro. I have to believe it takes like 50 takes per video for him to get these results. :LOL:
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you asked most PGAT pros to play two shots like this (obviously one just being their normal set up), they'd often do it brilliantly. Their amazing golfers, and I'm sure they've played so much golf in their lives, they've done stuff like this just messing around. I've certainly seen various tour pros playing the opposite way around. Not quite the same, but reminded my of the video below I saw years ago. He didn't play left-handed, but at one point Tiger used a left-handed club, played right-handed with it, and played a shot most of us would dream of

I remember one of the club pro's up my way gave a lesson to my mate, who is left handed. He just used my mates clubs, and demonstrated how to hit a ball left-handed, even though the pro was right-handed. He said playing left handed was easy, as he knows the theory of how to swing a club, and so finds it straightforward to do it in practice.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you asked most PGAT pros to play two shots like this (obviously one just being their normal set up), they'd often do it brilliantly. Their amazing golfers, and I'm sure they've played so much golf in their lives, they've done stuff like this just messing around. I've certainly seen various tour pros playing the opposite way around. Not quite the same, but reminded my of the video below I saw years ago. He didn't play left-handed, but at one point Tiger used a left-handed club, played right-handed with it, and played a shot most of us would dream of

I remember one of the club pro's up my way gave a lesson to my mate, who is left handed. He just used my mates clubs, and demonstrated how to hit a ball left-handed, even though the pro was right-handed. He said playing left handed was easy, as he knows the theory of how to swing a club, and so finds it straightforward to do it in practice.
I could barely wipe my backside left-handed let alone play golf.