Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Genuine question, the sand wesdge is maxfli, the iron set is maxflite, is there a significance?
The Maxflite irons are probably a later version.
In 1977 they were known as Dunlop Maxfli International, although the word "International" does not appear on the iron heads.
They ran concurrently with the first versions of the Australian Blades which had the distinctive red dot. Later versions have a black dot.
Two years ago, I was lucky to obtain a set of early Australian Blades.

SDC11287.JPG

D

Deleted member 1147

Eddie Pepperell on twitter. He really knows how to wind up the LIV bots - especially his response to Bryson's 911 tweet 🤣🤣🤣

sjw

Visit site
Got an email today saying that the practice area at our course is going to be renovated, going from basically a tee and a flag in a field, to an area with practice bunkers, short game areas and they're even moving the tee back so you can hit driver. No idea how they're going to fit it all in, but it's exciting!

Also, we're getting a new set of tees, blue, that are going to be winter tees for year-round qualifying rounds, and the course is getting re-rated as a result.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Family fun day and HID taking part. Members tee off and play to green ,then non golfers do the putting. On 4th tee and halfway through her downswing ,little 8 year girl shouts out 'SQUIRREL" as one ran up a tree 🤣🤣🤣

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
One day you’ll get one of these retro sets with a 10 year old banana as an added extra 🤢
Well, that might top the Polo mints.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Ooooh whereabouts in this fair county are you headed?
We stayed in Lancaster which I found to be a very pleasant place. Burnley on the way across proved to be a nice course, hilly with great views and fabulous turf, it proved to be a gentle opener for the rest of the week.

Kendal (I know, Cumbria) must be the hilliest, hardest walking course in the land, and we played 36 holes. If there is a harder walking course in the land you can keep it, I'm not playing.

The best came last, Silverdale. Severn of Eighteen holes are average, but the other eleven are probably some of the most interesting I have ever played on a single course, including the 13th which appears on the UK's Top 100 Unique holes list.

The Pro said from the 12th you will not need a driver and he was right. That didn't mean however a free ride, long irons were the weapons of choice, but they had to be accurate otherwise you were using your wedge to chip out rather than for an approach shot.

Of the three, Silverdale is the one I'd return to.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
After a dip in my 40s-50s I’m now improving with age - and almost certainly currently playing as well as I ever have - if not better. What it took was a bit of humility and acceptance that I couldn’t sort my game myself, and that a bit of help from one actually ‘knowledgable’ in matters of the game might be worthwhile. And it has been.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Former members who come back under a new moniker, start a load of new threads on topics that they know were flogged to death in the past but hope for a few bites. 🥱

HeftyHacker

Visit site
We stayed in Lancaster which I found to be a very pleasant place. Burnley on the way across proved to be a nice course, hilly with great views and fabulous turf, it proved to be a gentle opener for the rest of the week.

Kendal (I know, Cumbria) must be the hilliest, hardest walking course in the land, and we played 36 holes. If there is a harder walking course in the land you can keep it, I'm not playing.

The best came last, Silverdale. Severn of Eighteen holes are average, but the other eleven are probably some of the most interesting I have ever played on a single course, including the 13th which appears on the UK's Top 100 Unique holes list.

The Pro said from the 12th you will not need a driver and he was right. That didn't mean however a free ride, long irons were the weapons of choice, but they had to be accurate otherwise you were using your wedge to chip out rather than for an approach shot.

Of the three, Silverdale is the one I'd return to.

Yeah apparently Silverdale used to be a 9 holer until they opened the holes over the other side of the railway and road - which I assume are the seven average holes you refer to. The other 11 holes are carved into a bonkers piece of land. How any course designer was given that piece of land and thought "yeah, I can work with this" is beyond me.

Cracking little course for a bit of fun.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My medal winning efforts plus a 2 on Saturday see me with £85 winnings credited to my pro shop account. Excellent. Was just thinking yesterday that my shiny, shiny worn grips need replacing, Sorted.