Golf Rules not covered by the R&A....

D

Deleted member 1147

H4Hs rounds have to take 5 hours despite everyone on the forum being quick players

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
When a 'Pick and Place on Fairway' local rule is in operation, where a ball is sitting in a position where On/Off the fairway is in doubt, that ball is always deemed to be On the fairway.
I'm fairly sure that there was a decision under the old rules that effectively said that. It's the committees responsibility to ensure that the course is set up in a way that enables the player to comply with the rules - under the new rules the player being entitled to make reasonable judgement on such things would also be consistent with this.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
R&A need to recognise that all golf balls defy the laws of physics as there is profound magnetic force between them and water.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm fairly sure that there was a decision under the old rules that effectively said that. It's the committees responsibility to ensure that the course is set up in a way that enables the player to comply with the rules - under the new rules the player being entitled to make reasonable judgement on such things would also be consistent with this.
Well I never knew that...(y)

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Every player with a handicap in double figures secretly believes they are a bit better than the average player with the identical handicap.