Golf Random Irritations

sjw

Visit site

oleinone

Visit site
How to deal with a " self inviter"? A guy who is known to us socially and with whom we occasionally play has taken to inviting himself to our regular meet ups. How to tell him to wait to be asked?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How to deal with a " self inviter"? A guy who is known to us socially and with whom we occasionally play has taken to inviting himself to our regular meet ups. How to tell him to wait to be asked?

So you know him.. you have played with him.. don't see the issue

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Popped to the driving range and after decided to use the short game area.

There’s 2 greens - 1 has a no chipping sign and the other no such sign and a practice bunker.

Why do some knobs decide to use the latter for putting practice when the other is empty

NearHull

Visit site
I set the Sky Q to record the Walker Cup. we return home from dinner to find out that it has recordEd a woman’s golf competition and then shows the last Walker Cup match putting out on 18.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been mentioned before, I'm sure - but folk who don't know the basic rules. Yesterday caddied for a mate in a semi-final and he was entitled to a free drop from a staked tree. Oppo was insistent that because ball was in long grass, then the drop had to be in long grass. "You can't have a better lie" says he. (1 CL from NPOR put my mate just on very edge of fairway). Oppo still adamant even after I showed him the rule :rolleyes:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I set the Sky Q to record the Walker Cup. we return home from dinner to find out that it has recordEd a woman’s golf competition and then shows the last Walker Cup match putting out on 18.

One of the annoyng facts of sky that with so many sports channels they still have to put stuff on the red button which you cannot record. Really annoying when 2 of the channels are often showing the same thing (mainly football).

At least the final bit of the Ladies golf was worth watching.

Springveldt

Visit site

D-S

Visit site
My course has a lot of riggs on the fairways and I've been in this position quite a few times when the mowers haven't gotten into the bottom of a rigg for some reason and the lie is more like a first cut than the fairway. I can imagine the reaction of my playing partners if I tried to get a drop from that.
What’s a rigg? The only dictionary definition I can find is a type of shark and I assume they aren’t to be found on your fairways.