Golf Random Irritations

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why am I only just realising that when you play a long/difficult par 4 as a par 5 in your head... You should be happy enough with a 6
There is a hole at Parkstone, the 6th, that over the years has changed between a par 4 and a par 5, from the same tee. I’m not a member there. When it was a par 4 I usually made a 5. As a par 5 I usually make a 4 🤷‍♂️

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Playing in a match later today, with a meal after. Golfing attire permitted in the dining room, but no shorts after 7pm.

Same place a couple years ago on a similarly sweltering day insisted on Jacket an tie. Went in for dinner removed my Jacket after 5 minutes and was informed I had not been invited to do that. 🙄

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Playing in a match later today, with a meal after. Golfing attire permitted in the dining room, but no shorts after 7pm.

Same place a couple years ago on a similarly sweltering day insisted on Jacket an tie. Went in for dinner removed my Jacket after 5 minutes and was informed I had not been invited to do that. 🙄
I've been playing at a club today that insisted on jacket and tie for men for a meal after playing today. 25c, 23 blokes with red faces sweating away. We all looked very smart 🙄. Just silly.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I've been playing at a club today that insisted on jacket and tie for men for a meal after playing today. 25c, 23 blokes with red faces sweating away. We all looked very smart 🙄. Just silly.
We had the Green Howard's at our place yesterday. I was sat in the bar watching the football with one eye on the presentation in the lounge.

Regimental flags and matching green polos were as formal as it got. Some of the shorts were just plain ugly but what exactly do you match with green and if green is the regimental colour...............

sunshine

Visit site
We had the Green Howard's at our place yesterday. I was sat in the bar watching the football with one eye on the presentation in the lounge.

Regimental flags and matching green polos were as formal as it got. Some of the shorts were just plain ugly but what exactly do you match with green and if green is the regimental colour...............

White, black, grey, navy blue, beige , even green 🤷‍♂️

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Not sure where to post this so I'll put it in two threads :

Played social game game yesterday with a 4 club wind
13/13 FIR with Driver (not even a trickle into first cut)

Of those holes...
2/13 GIR (both resulted in 1 putt birdies)

Dunno whether to laugh or cry

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ganton. Course was great. Tough but great fun. Clubhouse........................
Played Ganton a few years ago with my brother and SIL on a sweltering day. SIL didn't think to read the dress code and turned up in shorts, planning to play in trainer socks. He was advised that it is long socks with shorts, we sell socks in the clubhouse though sir.

SIL is a 6'5" mountain of a man with size 12 feet.....they only sell socks for normal sized people. He looked an absolute twonk with white socks barely half way up his calf :ROFLMAO:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Not sure where to post this so I'll put it in two threads :

Played social game game yesterday with a 4 club wind
13/13 FIR with Driver (not even a trickle into first cut)

Of those holes...
2/13 GIR (both resulted in 1 putt birdies)

Dunno whether to laugh or cry
Kinda where my game is at the moment. When short game is on - score is good. When it’s not …🫣

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played Ganton a few years ago with my brother and SIL on a sweltering day. SIL didn't think to read the dress code and turned up in shorts, planning to play in trainer socks. He was advised that it is long socks with shorts, we sell socks in the clubhouse though sir.

SIL is a 6'5" mountain of a man with size 12 feet.....they only sell socks for normal sized people. He looked an absolute twonk with white socks barely half way up his calf :ROFLMAO:
Thankfully they have now changed this to allow ankle socks, although they state that they prefer knee length socks still. I think trainer socks are still out, not sure why but I know Moortown have the same ruling 🤷‍♀️. Are ankles really that scary?

4 blokes behind us played in knee length socks yesterday in that heat. Yes, they looked as daft as you imagine :ROFLMAO:.

Has your SiL got over it yet?

D

Deleted member 15344

i don’t mind dress codes etc but I’ll be a touch of a hypocrite by saying the long sock rule though is stupid but thankfully more clubs are moving away from it

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Bunkers aside, my course is in the best condition I’ve seen it. And on Sunday afternoon they are closing it for a few days for maintenance. At the same time the front 9 will be closed for at least 2 months for bunker renovation and other work, which is fantastic and along with general maintenance is very much needed.

However, we were essentially closed for 3 days last weekend to host an England Golf event, we’ve had a fair few times when large sections of tee times are blocked out which is the case on Saturday where we’ve got what looks like a large society event and some kind of scratch match.
So for what is likely to be the last time this year I’ll be able to play 18 holes on my home course, it’s looking like it will be a very long round and probably getting dark by the time we finish. Yay.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Bunkers aside, my course is in the best condition I’ve seen it. And on Sunday afternoon they are closing it for a few days for maintenance. At the same time the front 9 will be closed for at least 2 months for bunker renovation and other work, which is fantastic and along with general maintenance is very much needed.

However, we were essentially closed for 3 days last weekend to host an England Golf event, we’ve had a fair few times when large sections of tee times are blocked out which is the case on Saturday where we’ve got what looks like a large society event and some kind of scratch match.
So for what is likely to be the last time this year I’ll be able to play 18 holes on my home course, it’s looking like it will be a very long round and probably getting dark by the time we finish. Yay.
I'd be peeved if a society is going out the day before such closures, a course I play sometimes whilst my Daughter is at Gymnastics is closing from Sunday, and it's members only on Saturday, I found out when I called to cancel the tee time I mistakenly booked for this afternoon, that was supposed to be for Saturday 🤦‍♂️

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
When county organise an team interclub competition based on medal scores and do not know enough about the rules of handicapping to DQ players who do not return a score card not NR a holes, muppets

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ordered the Hydroknit top from Golfbidder, they've just emailed me and said there was an error, there are actually none in stock despite the website saying they had plenty. Annoying as they had it at the lowest price!