Favourite curry

• Thread starter Deleted member 23270
  • Start date

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Anyone do Indian for breakfast? We have started going to Dishoom when we go to London. The food is great, recommend the full Indian and naan breakfast wraps - especially when washed down with a Bloody Mary ?
We did breakfast in Dishoom Covent Garden a couple of months back, the Keema Per Eedu was yummy, and had dinner in Dishoom Kings Cross a few weeks ago. Love the menu; love the food.

D

Deleted member 23270

It seems each restaurant makes it's own dishes with their own names. Probably delicious but if you're not familiar you don't have a clue what it is ?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
On the odd occasion SHE allows it , I'll start with vegetable Pakora then Bhuna Lamb, rice and a Peshwari nan, washed down with a nice bottle of Barolo.
Very enjoyable at the time, but the next day ouch.
I told my pal this and he replied ring sting, I said " how can he help other than call the police" :p:ROFLMAO:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
1, 2, 3 - for children or those of a weakling nature.

4, 5, 6 - lager boys and lightweights.

7 and 8 - Full grown adults.

9 and 10 - Now we are talking serious proper curries.

Mildest Curry
1. Korma
2. Pasanda
3. Biryani
4. Tikka Masala
5. Dhansak
6. Bhuna
7. Jalfrezi* - (beware pathetic versions of this in non-Indian eateries)
8. Madras
9. Vindaloo (I've done a few of these in my time)
10. Phall (Once was enough)
Hottest Curry

Earlier this year my 10 year old asked the waiter our our local for a Vindaloo. They duly obliged and brought him a half portion, along with his usual Pasanda. He ate the Vindaloo, with the waiter, the owner and the table next to us watching him.

He was rightly very proud of himself, until later that evening ?

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
There is something about Indian food that I'm allergic to. Even if I go out with the lads and have an omelette and chips I feel terrible the next day! Shame really as I have missed many a good night because of it!

It’s probably all the additives in the food, I recently ordered a set meal from a local Indian restaurant for 12, I thought all the meat was of a poor quality masked by thick gloopy sauce.

It’s no coincidence that making your own curry is far easier on the stomach.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was spoiled when I left Uni. My girlfriend's parents ran a pub in Dundee, dad was Indian, mum was Scottish and it was renowned for it's curries and Indian food. I got a job as assistant manager and worked my way through the menu several times while I worked there. Karahi and Mughlai (spelling?) were two of my favourite day to day choices with the occasional madras/vindaloo when I wanted something hotter. It did get to the stage where I'd have lasagne for my staff meal just to have a break from curry 5 nights a week.

Now I normally go for a prawn madras, mushroom rice and keema naan.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was spoiled when I left Uni. My girlfriend's parents ran a pub in Dundee, dad was Indian, mum was Scottish and it was renowned for it's curries and Indian food. I got a job as assistant manager and worked my way through the menu several times while I worked there. Karahi and Mughlai (spelling?) were two of my favourite day to day choices with the occasional madras/vindaloo when I wanted something hotter. It did get to the stage where I'd have lasagne for my staff meal just to have a break from curry 5 nights a week.

Now I normally go for a prawn madras, mushroom rice and keema naan.
Strange but true, last Sunday was the 1st time I've ever seen Mushroom rice ,never heard of it before :eek:

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
On the odd occasion SHE allows it , I'll start with vegetable Pakora then Bhuna Lamb, rice and a Peshwari nan, washed down with a nice bottle of Barolo.
Very enjoyable at the time, but the next day ouch.
I told my pal this and he replied ring sting, I said " how can he help other than call the police" :p:ROFLMAO:

That's almost exactly me, when HIDs allows. ?

Veg pakora, Lamb Saag, Boiled rice and peshwari naan from the Village in Tradeston. Absolutely brilliant.

Guaranteed ring sting.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There is something about Indian food that I'm allergic to. Even if I go out with the lads and have an omelette and chips I feel terrible the next day! Shame really as I have missed many a good night because of it!
I'm the same, my palate doesn't tolerate anything spicy or hot,. I would really like to enjoy Indian food and have tried so many times but it's just not for me.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Absolutely love Indian food.
Garlic Chilli Chicken Tikka for me please.
Poppadoms and all the chutneys.

During lockdown I started making my own from the Curry guy and just got the Curry Compendium by Richard Sayce, similar type recipes, you make a base gravy then go from there, make my own chicken tikka as well, takes a bit of time but well worth the effort.

Made a Naga curry last week, the wife had a couple of mouthfuls and it was game over ???

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm the same, my palate doesn't tolerate anything spicy or hot,. I would really like to enjoy Indian food and have tried so many times but it's just not for me.
My Vegie wife recons it's the Cumin she is allergic to.
She does make a good curry without adding the Cumin, Chickpea for herself Chicken for me.(y)

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Depends where I'm getting it from, if its somewhere new I just get whatever looks tastiest on the menu. However from my local I've started getting a biryani with sri Lankan sauce, which is essentially a coconutty madras. Fantastic.

Tbh I'm quite a fussy eater in general but Indian is something I try and sample everything and generally enjoy.

Used to go as hot as possible but realised that I wasn't impressing anybody so now tend to limit myself to madras/jalfrezi heat.

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My wife is Indian so I’m incredibly lucky to eat proper homemade Indian food, my mother in law is even better.
The word curry just relates to the sauce and has nothing to do with the meet/veg, also most “Indian” restaurants are actually Bangladeshi so are not a true reflection of Indian food.