Favourite curry

• Thread starter Deleted member 23270
  • Start date

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Turkish don't do curry

Get a mixed shish with rice. Thank me later
To start, I went for Borek, filo pastry stuffed with Feta parsley and garlic sauce, it was tasty but obviously I'm in the spare room tonight.
My main was Lamb Shish with rice, it was quite tasty, but had to send it back to be reheated. It could've done with more Lamb and a spot of curry sauce.
My Veggie wife was delighted with hers, she started with the fried Halloumi, my small nibble tasted alright, then she had a Mozzarella pisa type thingy for her main, I found my nibble was pretty bland.
We'll probably try again as it's so near, so fingers crossed.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I used to enjoy a curry 2-3 times a month.
I remember the cost was
Chicken Tika £3.75
Pillau rice £0.60
Garlic naan £0.60
£4.95
That was a year or 2 or 25 ago.

The same meal in my local today is £18.55

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I remember the cost was
Chicken Tika £3.75
Pillau rice £0.60
Garlic naan £0.60
£4.95

Yeah its an expensive take out now. We have a new place in the next village that are doing two curries, a large rice, naan, 2 poppadoms and a mixed pakora for £22.50.

And its pretty good to boot. Same meal from the old usual place in Dunfermline was £34.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I remember the cost was
Chicken Tika £3.75
Pillau rice £0.60
Garlic naan £0.60
£4.95

When the kids were younger (7/8 years ago-ish)we always used to get a curry once they were in bed. 2 curries plus chapati would cost us £13/14. Double that now or £55+ if the kids are joining us now!!

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Comes from the only Indian restaurant in the UK with 2 Michelin stars.

Fantastic for a curry night with mates

We went to his restaurant last year for my 40th. We had the 10 course tasting menu, expensive but it was superb. The flavours were outstanding. They did this potato dish that I think about often.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When the kids were younger (7/8 years ago-ish)we always used to get a curry once they were in bed. 2 curries plus chapati would cost us £13/14. Double that now or £55+ if the kids are joining us now!!

It's not just Indians, it seems to be most takeaways now. Round our way a large doner kebab is now over £10, and fish and chips which used to be a "cheap" family tea is over £25 for the four of us. Was chatting to the owner of our nearest chippy last time I was in there and he was saying that he is now having to charge 40p for a sachet of ketchup due to prices going up so much. The cost of the oil has gone through the roof and that's without the additional cost of having to heat it with the current energy prices.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's not just Indians, it seems to be most takeaways now. Round our way a large doner kebab is now over £10, and fish and chips which used to be a "cheap" family tea is over £25 for the four of us. Was chatting to the owner of our nearest chippy last time I was in there and he was saying that he is now having to charge 40p for a sachet of ketchup due to prices going up so much. The cost of the oil has gone through the roof and that's without the additional cost of having to heat it with the current energy prices.

Place near work I think one of ours paid £17 for large lamb donor and chips

However the sharing platter thing, my colleague and I split with a rice only £12 each

There is no way the lamb donor is worth the extra

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A cod and chips and battered sausage (HID can't eat fish) with chips is about £16 locally