Dress code and BAME

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seems like the OP wants:

A) All golf clothing rules to be relaxed for everyone to let religious clothing on the course, or
B) Tell all religious golfers to where what we were or not play

I guess it comes down to the whole "one rule for you, another for me" mentality, which I can see would be an issue for some, but for most, would not be.

And let's be brutally honest here. Are there likely to be many people who wear burkhas who would even want to play golf? No.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seems like the OP wants:

A) All golf clothing rules to be relaxed for everyone to let religious clothing on the course, or
B) Tell all religious golfers to where what we were or not play

I guess it comes down to the whole "one rule for you, another for me" mentality, which I can see would be an issue for some, but for most, would not be.

And let's be brutally honest here. Are there likely to be many people who wear burkhas who would even want to play golf? No.

The burkhas argument is a red herring, whether they can wear them to play golf is the very least of those women's problems.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Having witnessed the gowns in play, albeit on a municipal, it's definitely coming.

Am I the only one that finds the description of women in their burkha described as "the gowns" mildly offensive in the modern multi racial community? Let's get players into golf whatever their religion and to be honest as a newbie, dress code is a long way down the list of issues preventing those from other ethnicities getting involved

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Lets just go back to 1961 and ban all black people on the course. It's tradition after all! I've played a few times with a chap who stood on an explosive in Afghan. Lets kick him off for not wearing white socks hey?

This is silly, if someone wants to play but cannot completely abide by menial rules such as dress etc. Then every possible option (within reason) to get them on the course and enjoying our great game.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Am I the only one that finds the description of women in their burkha described as "the gowns" mildly offensive in the modern multi racial community? Let's get players into golf whatever their religion and to be honest as a newbie, dress code is a long way down the list of issues preventing those from other ethnicities getting involved

How can you even consider whether to be offended or not unless you actually own/wear one :confused: