Do you still carry cash?

Do you carry cash or are you cashless now

• Total voters

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I'll pay using card whenever possible but always have between £100 / £150 in my wallet.
Very rarely at home do I use cash, but when at work, a lot of the shops etc are cash only.
Depends were you live I suppose on what is better to use.
Got a haircut today and it was cash only.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
@Pin-seeker the only people who need worry about being watched are people who have something to hide.

The police, whoever could sit outside your door 24/7 if your an average normal person with a day to day life it will make begger all difference

But dw @IanM has some spare tin foil for you to borrow 🤣

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Missis T has just had an email to say Nationwide have taken over Virgin, the have guaranteed the bank will stay open til 2028. Nice to still have a bank like in the olden days. Can still draw out me cash 😁👍

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Missis T has just had an email to say Nationwide have taken over Virgin, the have guaranteed the bank will stay open til 2028. Nice to still have a bank like in the olden days. Can still draw out me cash 😁👍
Starling Bank uses the Post office for paying money in or drawing it out:)

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Only if I know I need it, I only bring my card if I know I need to use or I might be out all day and my phone could die, otherwise it’s all done from my phone.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
@Pin-seeker the only people who need worry about being watched are people who have something to hide.

The police, whoever could sit outside your door 24/7 if your an average normal person with a day to day life it will make begger all difference

But dw @IanM has some spare tin foil for you to borrow 🤣

Wrong.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The "pockets" system on there is very very good

I've got 5 current accounts with 4 banks. So I don't use Monzo but I set up my system before it came out

Basically these pockets can be set up instantly

So if you want to go say on holiday and you want to put cash aside, make a little holiday fund and it's instantly set up ready to use rather than opening another savings account or pooling all your savings and the holiday fund getting lost in general savings
I use Monzo to manage my Sunday football team and my Thursday football group's finances. Got a different 'pot' for each and they can all click a simple link to pay their money each week. Beats trying to chase 15 blokes for cash.

babylonsinger

Visit site
I try to carry cash as I collect the commemorative coins that are in general circulation.

Far more people going cashless now though which makes it harder