Cracking the face on Drivers and woods

Smokingbob

Visit site
Hi All,

Hope this is in the right place.

I'm back playing 2 years. The first year was fine, no issues.!

Over he past year however i have cracked the face on a Cobra SZ hybrid, 2 Cobra SZ 3 woods, A Cobra SZ driver. A cobra LTDX Driver and my new stealth2 lasted 2 weeks. TaylorMade have agreed to replace it thankfully.

If you notice the cracks are identical. Low and across the face. The stealth did crack in the center so that was different.

I'm up 3 degrees on my driver so i don't hit down. I'm a 5 handicap with a 107 swing speed so nothing excessive there.

My only though is the range i got to. They use those old almost rubber like(heavy) range balls. But my mates go there as well and hit the ball just as hard as me? HE has a SIM2, never had an issue. And I'm not a angry golfer! So no smashing the clubs after a poor shot!

I'm at a loss. I almost know if i over use the new Stealth it will crack again! So as it is now i wont be using it on the range.

Anyone any other Ideas,

Thanks,

Rob

Attachments

• SZ 3wood.jpg
    SZ 3wood.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 13
  • SZ Driver.jpg
    SZ Driver.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 13
  • SZ hybrid.jpg
    SZ hybrid.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 13

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Have you been using them in freezing temperatures after leaving them in a cold place like the garage or car?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That’s very strange.
The cracks are where the tee peg would hit the face. What kind do you use.
But driver and hybrid play differently!

I would say your correct about the range balls especially in winter they must be like bricks.

Smokingbob

Visit site
Hey Champ,

For the range I have a rubber Tee. Get them on Amazon. Yeah i think the only explanation is the Range balls.

Have to limit its usage so. Thanks for the reply.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hey Champ,

For the range I have a rubber Tee. Get them on Amazon. Yeah i think the only explanation is the Range balls.

Have to limit its usage so. Thanks for the reply.
Get yourself an old driver off eBay cheap one with a similar shaft if poss.
This will let you practice but not ruin your good driver!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I notice the 3 main culprits are speedzone woods all cracking in the same place. Are these the cheaper range launched by AG that Rick shields reviewed? Potentially even fake?

Not heard of any cobras breaking but the stealt and sim seem very common, normally across the crown