Do you still carry cash?

Do you carry cash or are you cashless now

• Total voters

Springveldt

Visit site
Got the old trolly tokens in the car ,

Window cleaner takes bank transfer luckily
My window cleaner used to work 2 weeks on 2 weeks off on the oil rigs, I'm not convinced the tax man gets to know about the full window cleaning earnings. He's still cash only after 17 years of doing my windows. He's also still the same price as 17 years ago, might actually be getting decent value for money now from him as I'm sure he was a rip off at the start.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Got to love this.. from people who post online. And will have a smart phone no doubt?

Yeah your really a rebel using cash. They already have everything they need to know on you but carry on thinking your beating the man 🤣🤣🤣
Seriously mate why are you so intolerant of other peoples opinions?

Not all of us have the urge to share every aspect of our lives with everyone.

And fyi If I go on March’s I always leave my phone at home. 👍

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seriously mate why are you so intolerant of other peoples opinions?

Not all of us have the urge to share every aspect of our lives with everyone.

And fyi If I go on March’s I always leave my phone at home. 👍

Doesn't matter where you leave your phone , all the information needed is on it.

Unless you have a burner phone?

Seriously "mate" it's not intolerant of others opinions it's pointing out complete lack of understanding how the system actually works.

Your entitled to your opinion just don't push it as "fact" when it's based on personal belief

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I don’t know what sort of barber you go to, Brian, but an awful lot of Turkish barber establishments will only accept cash. The same goes for car washes staffed by Eastern Europeans.

The sad fact is, and it is a fact before anyone gets hot under the collar and accuses me of xenophobia, these places are often set up to launder money. That’s why they are cash only.
And to finance drugs and prostitution according to my Thames Valley police colleagues. Very obvious to everyone including the police, very difficult to prove and stop

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Doesn't matter where you leave your phone , all the information needed is on it.

Unless you have a burner phone?

Seriously "mate" it's not intolerant of others opinions it's pointing out complete lack of understanding how the system actually works.

Your entitled to your opinion just don't push it as "fact" when it's based on personal belief
😂😂😂

You are going to have to point out where I have tried to push any of my opinions as facts, because that’s really more your style than mine.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
😂😂😂

You are going to have to point out where I have tried to push any of my opinions as facts, because that’s really more your style than mine.

Like all of your conspiracy theories you go with "naivety" of those who don't do the same.. like your way is somehow the correct way and everyone else is a sheep..

Just waiting for

Cash is king
And it's all about "controlling us"
To really complete the set

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Will repeat

Everyone is different

If someone wants to put their trust in technology then that’s their choice

If someone doesn’t fully trust technology then again their choice

Working in IT for a long time I have seen enough security breaches and hacks to clearly see no one can fully trust technology

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Will repeat

Everyone is different

If someone wants to put their trust in technology then that’s their choice

If someone doesn’t fully trust technology then again their choice

Working in IT for a long time I have seen enough security breaches and hacks to clearly see no one can fully trust technology
No need to repeat it Phil,we heard you the first time 👍🏻

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Like all of your conspiracy theories you go with "naivety" of those who don't do the same.. like your way is somehow the correct way and everyone else is a sheep..

Just waiting for

Cash is king
And it's all about "controlling us"
To really complete the set
So that’s a no then, you can’t point out where I have claimed opinion as fact, and really, it’s just chewing you up that someone has a different perspective
😂😂😂

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm a bit of both.
Can't ever imagine going out anywhere without some cash on me, I'd feel naked.

Out of interest the cash card was trialed in Swindon in the early 1980's
The thought of paying for your 14p evening newspaper with a cash card was met with widespread derision.
The finance companies who trialed it were delighted with the take up which was 5%.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Sadly he is correct about the Turkish barbers being used for money laundering. The sheer number of them and the cheap prices they charge means an easy way to launder money. That is from serving Kent police officers mouths.
That isn’t the reason they are pushing cashless though, society is doing that through laziness.
Seaham is a small town here on the NE Coast and in the last 2 months we’ve had 1 Turkish Barber and 2 European Supermarkets (That’s the sign above the shops) closed down by Trading Standards for an immediate 6 months while they are investigated for illegal tobacco and alcohol.

Unbeknown to a lot of locals, the Barbers were holding the stock in their backroom for one of the shops.

All 3 business’s…Cash only!

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
I still use cash, what annoys me the most is the sheer number of places that are now card only, especially when it's a golf course.

Had a society day last year at a course in Bedford and they wouldn't take the £300 of cash I had on me, if it wasn't a society day I would have told them to stuff it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I still use cash, what annoys me the most is the sheer number of places that are now card only, especially when it's a golf course.

Had a society day last year at a course in Bedford and they wouldn't take the £300 of cash I had on me, if it wasn't a society day I would have told them to stuff it.
We played a club match at Heythrop Park a few days before payday so money was getting a little tight. Walked into the clubhouse with some cash on me to buy my opponent a drink and cards only. I couldn't remember what was left in the account and phone not getting a signal to check online. Gave them my credit card but annoyed I had to do it. Nothing on display at all to indicate card only. Several pubs in Reading gone the same way