Do you still carry cash?

Do you carry cash or are you cashless now

• Total voters

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Always find it odd when folk ask “ do you have cash”. Personally I think it’s the wrong question.
Some places will not accept Cash and some places will only accept cash.
So should the question be
“ should companies accept both cash and card”.
Personally, over the last couple of months, me and missis T have gone back to drawing out more cash on a Friday and spending that during the week if there’s owt left it goes in a pot. Hers 😳

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Always find it odd when folk ask “ do you have cash”. Personally I think it’s the wrong question.
Some places will not accept Cash and some places will only accept cash.
So should the question be
“ should companies accept both cash and card”.
Personally, over the last couple of months, me and missis T have gone back to drawing out more cash on a Friday and spending that during the week if there’s owt left it goes in a pot. Hers 😳

There was a tv program a few months back, it was highlighting that people have got into more debt since the cashless boom as they have no track on their expenditure.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There was a tv program a few months back, it was highlighting that people have got into more debt since the cashless boom as they have no track on their expenditure.

Links into bunkers separate account idea. It's how I've managed to not spend all my money with separate accounts for bills, golf, fuel etc at various times.

Monzo apparently fantastic for it for nights out. The lads at work load up their cards with a set amount rather than drunkenly tapping away

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Now when it comes to drinking, me and Missis T are not big “ alers” or drinkers. We tend to go out with so much in her purse and we tend to know what we are spending. We can go out and spend X amount and know we have had a good night. But I have been out to some dos and seen folk paying for loads of shots etc and just tapping the card, phone or watch and ping “ thankyou for another £30,40”.
Now what happens the following morning when folk get up and hey presto there bank account has been hammered. I find it very irresponsible.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Links into bunkers separate account idea. It's how I've managed to not spend all my money with separate accounts for bills, golf, fuel etc at various times.

Monzo apparently fantastic for it for nights out. The lads at work load up their cards with a set amount rather than drunkenly tapping away

My sister is in a very well paid profession but she manages her spending via monzo.

She put £500 in as a virtual overdraft and from there has standing order of £xx per week and that’s what she lives on, if she’s having a girls night out she rolls a bit over each week pre drinkies or dips into the £500 and then top it back up over the next four weeks between post days.

Very strict by heck has she saved some serious cash over the last three years

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My sister is in a very well paid profession but she manages her spending via monzo.

She put £500 in as a virtual overdraft and from there has standing order of £xx per week and that’s what she lives on, if she’s having a girls night out she rolls a bit over each week pre drinkies or dips into the £500 and then top it back up over the next four weeks between post days.

Very strict by heck has she saved some serious cash over the last three years

Sounds a very sensible lady indeed!

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
use it or loose it,

I still use cash for approximately 30% of my spending,

bills are DD, fuel and shopping on the plastic

nearly always carry cash in my golf bag, ideal for halfway house, roll ups and paying out when I get beaten

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Me and the wife have lots of separate accounts - holidays, shopping, car, etc . Standing order to each at the beginning of the month and then when we get bills, or want to book a holiday, we know the money is there.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I mainly use cash. It is much easier to budget if you have a certain amount of cash per week/month. You are more aware of how much you are spending and when the weekly/monthly cash runs out you realise how much you have spent. Using a credit/debit card and looking at my bank statement, I don't have a clue who the payments are for.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I mainly use cash. It is much easier to budget if you have a certain amount of cash per week/month. You are more aware of how much you are spending and when the weekly/monthly cash runs out you realise how much you have spent. Using a credit/debit card and looking at my bank statement, I don't have a clue who the payments are for.

See I pay for everything I can via Tesco credit card. I then will go pay the credit card out of the account with the correct cash in. IE if I go for a round of golf it comes out of the golf account etc

Builds up a nice sum of clubcard points aswell..me and the wife had 2 nights at the Hilton via the points the other month which was a nice bonus