Do you still carry cash?

Do you carry cash or are you cashless now

• Total voters

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ll never fully embrace it until TfL pull their finger out and do an oyster version for Apple wallet.

TfL are the perfect example of a business not willing to move with the times

However to be fair that is your personal choice because you want to save effort with HMRC. You could go fully contactless via using tap tap to pay for the services .. you admitted yourself it takes more forms.

So that's your preference, I doubt tfl will go fully contactless for oyster via the app when contactless is now the main player. It's just a waste of money to do.

Oyster is supposed to be for day trippers who don't have contactless available now .

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I like when going out for a meal one the places we go if there are 4 of us automatically applies 10% service charge, can take off if you ask, however I find it so useful then you don't have to worry about cash for a tip just pay that

Only because not all restaurants offer cashless tips. Hit and miss

And all of the cashless tips go into their pay officially and the get taxed accordingly.

Always tip in cash, the tax man gets enough!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
However to be fair that is your personal choice because you want to save effort with HMRC. You could go fully contactless via using tap tap to pay for the services .. you admitted yourself it takes more forms.

So that's your preference, I doubt tfl will go fully contactless for oyster via the app when contactless is now the main player. It's just a waste of money to do.

Oyster is supposed to be for day trippers who don't have contactless available now .

More investigations through work proved no form available. Daily train ticket or oyster top up receipts only for tax purposes

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
More investigations through work proved no form available. Daily train ticket or oyster top up receipts only for tax purposes

That really needs to be addressed by the tax office I agree. If they went for contactless via a form it would save a lot of faff
And all of the cashless tips go into their pay officially and the get taxed accordingly.

Always tip in cash, the tax man gets enough!

Whilst I'd agree , aren't cash tips now supposed to be taxed? I mean by the official line, as opposed to what happens

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just 1 interjection from me, this is just an idea but could you not have a credit card dedicated to just your work travel/parking that you can show is soley work stuff for HMRC benefits?
I have 1 credit card I use just for pay by phone parking and congestion charging. It carries no VAT as parking and CC are VAT free, but the monthly statement shows every spend which goes in as expenses and it's accepted.
Perhaps 1 other thing. if you woudl like to donate towards my monthly parking bill? Its only £550-£800 a month:)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With a reasonable question.:)
Sadly like many threads it descended rather quickly

With all due respect. It's flowing and it's not bickering. It's debating.

Only one person is saying things about "oh is this another argument"
So maybe that person should look at trying to continue the debate like you did in the brilliant post above about having a separate account..good idea

And cut out posts like number 63

Pin-seeker

Visit site

So maybe that person should look at trying to continue the debate like you did in the brilliant post above about having a separate account..good idea

1727801182683.gif

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just 1 interjection from me, this is just an idea but could you not have a credit card dedicated to just your work travel/parking that you can show is soley work stuff for HMRC benefits?
I have 1 credit card I use just for pay by phone parking and congestion charging. It carries no VAT as parking and CC are VAT free, but the monthly statement shows every spend which goes in as expenses and it's accepted.
Perhaps 1 other thing. if you woudl like to donate towards my monthly parking bill? Its only £550-£800 a month:)

Have considered it. 🍻

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Or TfL could have done a full job instead of a pointless half functional app.

But let’s not take three thread off topic

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Recent TFL issues are a perfect example

Cyber attack 4 weeks ago and still issues

I can offer some insight into that. Yes it's still on going

The action we took after detecting the issue was to shut down everything.

Day to day services have been running fine

They then locked all 30,000 employees out and told face to face reset of passwords only. With photo id

I was done within 2 hours as I was lucky to be on shift when they sent the techs out to business critical grades

I believe we have only 5000 passwords left to do which is people who are on leave etc

I've been impressed with their reaction as they have shut it down to stop anyone getting further access and starting again

As of Monday we could log in properly to the work PCs but internal use only..no internet

Not sure when they will restore that or remote access ATM as they want to make sure everyone is secure

We have to use multifactor to log on now . Can't use phone it's authentication app only no texts

Microsoft 365 has worked the entire time to work away from work but only once password reset

It's the biggest hack in government history and the military have been involved investigating it

What's most reassuring is even if someone can get in the connection isn't there to take over services like the night sleeper.