Do driver fittings work?

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Absolutely ;):D had mine 5 years ago and still going strong (y)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Brechin balata

Medal Winner
Visit site
Have you never hit a fade that's stayed on the fairway before..?:whistle::unsure:
Absolutely I love a wee monty.
How far right do you a think fitted driver will go compared to a good one off the self? Pick any driver you want I’m thinking maybe 10 yards but if you are that far right it’s not the club that’s the problem. If you are constantly that close to out of bounds then get a lesson a £500 driver wont

Brechin balata

Medal Winner
Visit site
Good stuff if it works stick with iNo swing is the same. what I enjoy is that you could see 2 guys 250 yards away similar height and wearing similar clothes. But if you know both of and played with you can spot who is swinging instantly

phillarrow

Visit site
So funny - and predictable! - how this thread has gone! ?

I was asking about if it could help increase my carry distance because at the moment my carry is very low compared with my total.
For some people, it appears that unless a driver fitting makes it impossible to hit anything other than straight AND results in several shots knocked off the handicap, then they're just snake oil masked in smoke and mirrors. ?

Why on earth did it end up as a conversation about such extremes?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

I was asking about if it could help increase my carry distance because at the moment my carry is very low compared with my total.
For some people, it appears that unless a driver fitting makes it impossible to hit anything other than straight AND results in several shots knocked off the handicap, then they're just snake oil masked in smoke and mirrors. ?

Welcome the the Forum....

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Because as I said earlier in the thread, you always get the old traditionalists who reckon you "can't buy a golf game". Even though many of us have experienced and seen good results from fitted clubs.

A fitting should definitely help not only get the right driver but the right settings such as loft to get you the optimum carry. ??

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site

If you think your carry is poor then book a Trackman session and see what's happening.

phillarrow

Visit site
So if the your fitted driver stops working do you just get a new driver fitted by someone else??

Okay I'll bite, even though your clearly just being silly.

Define "stops working"?

Assuming I have been fitted for a driver (and remember - assuming you've even bothered to read the original post?! - this is going to happen AFTER lessons) and it did help increase my carry distance. What would constitute "stops working" in your view? What if it worked for five years but then declined?
Or are you seriously asking about the fitting working and then my carry dropping off again within a few weeks/months?

Brechin balata

Medal Winner
Visit site
And let’s be honest most amateur golfers have now idea how far they hit a 7 iron. Just to confirm this next time you are playing and you or your partner is right next to the yellow 150 marker and end up short. They will tell you I hit an 8 iron 150 easily.

Brechin balata

Medal Winner
Visit site
Okay I'll bite, even though your clearly just being silly.

Define "stops working"?

Assuming I have been fitted for a driver (and remember - assuming you've even bothered to read the original post?! - this is going to happen AFTER lessons) and it did help increase my carry distance. What would constitute "stops working" in your view? What if it worked for five years but then declined?
Or are you seriously asking about the fitting working and then my carry dropping off again within a few weeks/months?
Calm your jets all I’m sayin is people look too much In to fitting. Yes get the shaft stiff, regular or senior. But for me it’s how a club looks and if your are confident with it at address then go with that one.